Catholic Charities of TN
Safe Release Program Coordinator
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Program Coordinator for the Safe Release Program within the Refugee and Immigration Services department. This position is permanent fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Day travel to satellite sites in Tullahoma and Columbia are required periodically. Hours are 37.5 per week and are flexible but must include some evenings until 8:00 pm each week and at least two weekends, daytime hours only, per month.
Primary function of this position is to oversee digital fingerprint screening program for family members seeking custody of migrant minors in temporary care. Activities include direct supervision of four Program Specialists in Nashville, Tullahoma, and Columbia, TN; creating distribution materials noting county resources and schools; provision of back-up services for Specialists as needed; gathering data and outcome information; and ensuring compliance with all program guidelines and reporting requirements.
- College degree in a social service field required or 3 years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- Prefer candidates with prior experience working across cultures.
- Prior experience collecting data and compiling reports for funders or agency leadership.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Superior computer skills including knowledge of Excel (create spreadsheets, sort, drop down menus, formulas, look up tables, etc.) and Access or another database. Ability to sort and file document alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, curtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to maintain confidential nature of the position.
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must possess superior listening skills and be patient.
- Must read, write, and speak English and Spanish fluently.
- Must have the ability to work in partnership with other team members.
- Attentive to detail.
- Mature and reliable.
How to Apply
Competitive salary based upon qualifications. Please email resume and cover letter to: Nichole Dingman, HR Director, at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: July 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk