Catholic Charities of TN
Safe Passages Family Reunification Case Manager
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Safe Passages Family Reunification Case manager (hereinafter referred to as FR Case Manager). The FR Case Manager is responsible for assessing and documenting needs of clients reunifying with sponsors. FR Case Manager conducts home visits with Unaccompanied Children and their sponsors, and follow all requirements outlined by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR), Department of Children’s Services (ORR/DCS) and United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB/MRS) program guidelines. FR Case Manager will conduct home assessments for potential sponsors prior to reunification, as well as conduct home visits to ensure safety, and to ensure that the needs of reunified minors are appropriately met.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of federal contracts for unaccompanied children services.
- Adhere to programmatic and contractual timelines for provision of services, including accurate reporting required by ORR/DCS and USCCB/MRS.
- Conduct home studies and assessments with prospective sponsors to assess the suitability and safety of the potential placement, home and verify relationship. FR Case Manager will identify and report any issues or challenges that may indicate an unsafe or inappropriate environment, or sponsor who does not appear to hold the best interests of the child in high regard.
- Utilize training and expertise to assess safety and well-being of minors and/or sponsors or prospective sponsors, and subsequently make all necessary reports in a timely manner, if needed.
- Conduct home visits for children released from ORR custody who are referred to Safe Passages, as meeting the criteria for Post-Release Services. FR Case Manager will complete comprehensive report following the visits, and submit them within the identified timeframe.
- Provide information and education to sponsors regarding school registration, attendance requirements, teacher communication, building relationships with key school personnel, monitoring grades and educational progress and resources for academic assistance for minors.
- Assist clients in obtaining reputable legal representation for immigration proceedings by providing referrals
- Provide case management services according to program guidelines and mandates.
- Provides interpretation services for clients as needed.
- Document all services and activities and ensure client files are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Serve as liaison with other community agencies, health providers, and professional partners.
- Complete any required reports or data collection activities as prescribed by funders, partners, or agency leadership in a timely and accurate manner.
- Troubleshoot client problems and concerns.
- Reviews program guidelines and updates and participates in trainings to ensure that services meet funder expectations and requirements.
- Conforms and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator or Director.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work (BSW) or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other behavioral sciences equivalent required; Masters in Social Work preferred.
- Experience providing comprehensive case management services within a family setting.
- Experience working across cultures.
OTHER SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Knowledge/experience with benefit programs/social service programs for residents of Nashville and surrounding counties.
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, curtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to go up and down steps, load and unload car seats, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to transport.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Pension plan
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
All interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1534120/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Safe-Passages-Family-Reunification-Case-Manager
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: May 5, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.