Habitat for Humanity of Sumner County
Habitat for Humanity of Sumner County
This position will implement any programs to drive donations to the HFHSC ReStore. Operations management, including: consistent, safe and positive development of Associates and assets in order to provide a high quality Donor to customer experience.
Operations, includes but not limited to:
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others with an emphasis on a notable experience for involved.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Understand and communicate to all Associate the job descriptions and expectations for all ReStore operations and how they relate/contribute to positive customer experience and high quality operations.
- Ensure ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by Associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Effectively manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained properly for government bodies and others as appropriate.
- Create Schedules for ReStore employees and communicate with the Volunteer Coordinator on volunteer needs and schedules.
- Train and manage ReStore Associates in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood an adhered to.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance. Work with designated affiliate functions, when required, to address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner. Properly document incidents, and develop corrective actions. Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer coordinator and the Executive Director when required.
- Promote organization as well as aesthetically pleasing displays of assets and goods within the ReStore.
- Perform bi-annual reviews of all ReStore employees.
- Implement Restore committee activities.
- Provide oversight on the scheduling and pick up of donated items.
- Work with deconstruction volunteers as it relates to donations to the ReStore donations.
- Implement and maintain e-commerce sales of goods.
Finance and Administration, includes but not limited to:
- Implement and monitor systems for daily cash transactions and deposits.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues and expenses as required or requested.
- Maintain an inventory system of goods.
- Maintain a donation management and tracking system of all goods received and provide documentation upon request to the donors.
- Approve employee recording of time worked.
- Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis. Communicate questionable invoices to Office Manager and/or Executive Director and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director and Finance to develop annual operating budgets and recommend capital expenditures.
- Meet annual sales goals set forth by the Executive Director, Executive Board of Directors and the Finance Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a managerial role.
- Strong leadership and customer management abilities.
- Strong computer & technical skills required.
- Social media & E-commerce experience preferred.
- Sick pay
- Vacation pay
- Health insurance
How to Apply
Please email your resume and coverletter to email@example.com
- Date Posted: December 10, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/02/2020
- Working Hours: M-F with alternating Saturdays 8:00am-5:00pm