Resident Support Specialist
Dismas House is a residential reentry program for men returning to the community from state and private prisons and county jails in Tennessee. Dismas House has 72 beds and can serve over 175 residents a year. The Dismas House program, which is holistic and individualized, helps residents navigate the challenging transition back to the community and overcome the many barriers to reentry. As the premier reentry program provider in Tennessee, it is our vision that residents become self-sufficient, contributing members of the community.
Dismas House is looking for an individual(s) who can provide residential support and promote a therapeutic atmosphere. This person would become a member of the supportive Dismas community by building rapport with program participants in order to promote positive re-entry, as well as assist in the coordination and facilitation of programming, transportation, community dinners, etc.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and must own a car, a safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license.
- Provide a supportive presence during day or evening hours. Treat program participants with dignity and respect while also holding them accountable to the ideals and mission of the Dismas program.
- Assist in maintaining a sober living environment.
- Ensure resident attendance for programming and community dinners.
- Maintain program calendar and assist in schedule and facilitation of program providers.
- Attend volunteer community dinners and support volunteer hosts M-Th as needed.
- Assist in the procurement of groceries.
- Transport residents as scheduled.
- Main point of contact evenings and alternating weekends.
- Assist in facilities maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Safe Driving Record
- Interest in social justice
- Able to work both collaboratively and independently
- Strong communication skills
- Skill in conflict resolution
- Prefer experience in addiction support and mental illness but not required
- Support Staff members are expected to be “on duty” 21 hours per week.
- This can include scheduled activities as well as errands with the residents and for the house.
- Support Staff members receive compensation of $16.50 per hour without benefits.
- Support Staff receive alternating holidays periods off.
How to Apply
Send resume, letter of interest, and three references to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: December 8, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 01/02/2023
- Salary Range: 16.50 hr
- Working Hours: 21-30 hours per week