Nurses for Newborns
Nurses for Newborns
A staff nurse with Nurses for Newborns (NFN) goes into the homes of at-risk infants, providing education, healthcare and positive parenting skills. Our mission is to reduce infant mortality, child abuse and neglect. By going into the homes of these babies and their families, we are working to make sure all babies reach their first birthday. As our Registered Nurse, you will make a direct impact on Middle Tennessee families that is meaningful and rewarding.
Our current opening is for a part-time position. NFN serves Cheatham, Davidson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson Counties. We are taking resumes from all counties at this time!
NFN Staff Nurses independently provide in-home nursing visits to prenatal, postpartum and newborn clients.* They follow Clinical Guidelines in planning care, assessing client needs and in determining and utilizing screening tools. They refer clients to community agencies and other resources as appropriate. They complete forms and documentation by entering assessments, screenings, and care plan referrals in an electronic database following NFN guidelines. They work with hospitals, physicians, managed care, and community agencies to provide care for clients.
*Due to COVID-19 we are currently providing virtual visits to our clients. New nurses will be trained for both virtual and in-person home visitation. Help us save babies during this challenging time.
- 5 years of experience in maternal/child health or 3 years of experience in NICU/Special Care Nursery
- An active nursing license to practice in the state of Tennessee
- An automobile and current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- Being adept at using technology and charting in an electronic medical record
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Gloria Morrison, NFN Nursing Director – Gloria.Morrison@nursesfornewborns.org.
- Date Posted: November 6, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Depedent on Experience
- Working Hours: Flexible