Registered Dental Hygienist
Who we are
Interfaith Dental is a volunteer-driven nonprofit agency that helps vulnerable populations achieve and sustain a healthy smile. Interfaith Dental’s mission is to create a healthier community by providing transformational oral health care for those experiencing poverty.
Interfaith Dental now serves vulnerable populations in two clinic locations within a ten-county region of Middle Tennessee. Interfaith Dental focuses on life transformation through dentistry offering both access to oral health services as well as education, motivation, and inspiration.
The role you will play
The Registered Dental Hygienist should have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and have a strong work ethic. The position requires working in a team environment, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with your patients. The Registered Dental Hygienist contributes to the success of Interfaith Dental and its impact on the community by participating in a wide range of responsibilities and activities.
- Sterilization of instruments
- X-rays (PAN, FMX, I/O, Digital patient pictures, CBCT)
- Periodontal evaluations
- Effective patient communication.
- Scaling and root planning
- Care of geriatric patients includes complex medical histories and special needs.
- Adult and child prophylaxis
- Patient education and the use of motivational interviewing
- Seat and dismiss patients as well as maintain patient comfort in the chair.
- Dispense and recommend appropriate treatments and products.
- Silver Diamine fluoride treatment as indicated.
- Timely room set up and break down.
- Reviewing finances, treatment plans, and scheduling appointments.
- Scan patient documents and maintain accurate patient charts.
- Proficiency in dental software programs.
- Confirm patients and assist with front desk duties when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
What you will bring:
- An Active Registered Dental Hygienist License is required.
- 2 years of Hygienist experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with local anesthetic required.
- Nitrous oxide administering and monitoring are required.
- Dentrix experience is strongly preferred.
- CPR Certification is required.
Are you someone who:
- Are you passionate about serving others?
- Can demonstrate a high degree of empathy and compassion.
- Has an outgoing, friendly attitude with patients and staff even under pressure.
- Can work independently and unsupervised.
- Able to use/show proper grammar and professionalism in speech and writing.
- Able to recognize, evaluate, and solve problems.
- Is skilled at multi-tasking, organizational skills, and superb attention to detail.
- Is proficient with standard office software applications (Microsoft Office, Dentrix)
Why Interfaith Dental?
Our greatest assets are our employees, and we are committed to their personal and professional development. We provide education, flexibility, and a Culture Warrior program that contributes to our employee’s high engagement and happiness, as well as the opportunity for a more complete and satisfying work-life integration.
At Interfaith Dental, we have competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, work-life balance, generous paid sick time, paid parental leave, plus an employee assistance program (EAP) – to name a few. We also offer a 401k matching program. Not only do we have 6 paid holidays, but we also have a “CREST” day off – with pay! On top of that, we offer continuous learning and development and Who wouldn’t want all of that?
How to Apply
If everything you have read so far has made you want to be part of this fantastic team, please send your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website to apply at www.interfaithdental.com.
Experienced hygienists and new grads are welcome to apply!
- Date Posted: October 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk