Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Regional Executive – Southeast Region
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Responsible for the Recruitment, retention, and member services for girls and adults within a specific geographic area. Accountable for membership goals within the area as determined by Council Leadership and the plan of work. Advocates for Girl Scouts within the community at all times to develop and grow awareness, partnerships, and fund development.
This position serves members in Williamson, Maury, Hickman, Perry, Lewis, Wayne, Lawrence, and Giles counties
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes traditional and non-traditional methods to recruit girls in a prescribed region.
- Contributes to the planning and execution of yearly Fall and Spring recruiting & renewal campaigns.
- Meets or exceeds all membership goals set by Leadership and the Council Plan of Work.
- Assists the Director in the establishment of annual and long-term goals for the service area.
- Maintains a clear and aggressive regional membership plan, including all relevant data and communications management to ensure deliverables are clear and documented.
- Establishes and maintains functional Service Units for all areas within the region.
- Maintains effective Service Unit Management volunteers and teams through Training and support.
Oversight & Administration
- Ensures all membership records are properly maintained on Council software (CouncilAlignMENT)
- Ensure Service Unit Success through regular communications, and quarterly meetings with managers.
- Aids membership specialist in the establishment of troop bank accounts and tax-exempt status.
- Provides oversight for all troop and service Unit bank accounts within the area. Performs quarterly audits and reviews year-end reports to ensure proper use of funds.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the region’s annual budget.
- Oversees the work of and provides guidance to Membership Specialists and Recruiting Assistants within the regional area.
- Provides all necessary guidance, training, and support to volunteers and parents in regard to all aspects of membership and registration.
- Provide training, support, and troubleshooting for Volunteers and Parents for all aspects of membership and registration/renewal on CouncilAlignMENT.
- Partners with other departments to ensure shared information and strong collaboration.
- Provides Product Program support to troop leaders during the fall product and cookie program.
- Maintains an adequate understanding of all aspects of Girl and Volunteer experiences to aid in addressing questions and concerns or escalating them efficiently.
Community Engagement & Fund Development
- Ensures Girl Scout visibility locally through networking, community relationships, and partnerships.
- Maintains strong and positive partnerships with all public schools within the service area, and works to establish relationships with private, charter, and non-traditional schools.
- Develop and execute an annual fundraising event to meet fund development goals set by Leadership and the Council Plan of Work.
- Develop and execute a strategy to achieve regional gift to girls campaign goals.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in management, marketing, or other related fields.
- Computer and Microsoft Office software proficiency is required.
- Excellent human relations, verbal and written communication skills, motivational and conflict resolution skills. Ability to encourage consensus and teamwork.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff and volunteers.
- Experience in volunteer management or personal volunteer experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Possess a professional attitude and strong work ethic with exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including some evening and weekend work and be willing to travel within an assigned territory.
- Strong belief in the mission of Girl Scouting and the ability to convey its importance to the public.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check including a motor vehicle report.
- Organized, independent thinker and self-starter.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Current valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit, stand, or drive for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry, or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description and that I have thoroughly read this information.
Paid Time off, health, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term disability and life insurance. 403B plan with employer match. New child leave. Paid holidays.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: August 23, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/28/2023
- Salary Range: $45000-$47000
- Working Hours: 8:30-4:30 Mon-Fri - some Saturdays and evenings