Refugee Client Services Manager (Nashville)
Summary: The Refugee Client Services Manager will ensure the provision of services to refugees, asylees, Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders, and Afghan Humanitarian Parolees in Nashville to help them become self-sufficient, socially integrated, and culturally acclimated. Under the supervision of the Refugee Services Program Manager, the Client Services Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of assigned programs that include Refugee Resettlement, Social Adjustment, Intensive Case Management, Matching Grant/Employment, and other new programs as assigned. She/he will ensure that the goals and objectives of these programs are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and budget. She/he will be responsible for ensuring that all billings are complete and accurate and that the required information is collected and documented. She/he will work closely with the Refugee Services Program Manager to monitor collaboration and teamwork among the program staff. She/he will also cultivate relationships with stakeholders and community resources.
Essential Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Understands and is aware of all aspects of the programs’ contractual requirements.
- Consistently stays abreast of all aspects and any changes in the program’s contractual requirements.
- Organizes and coordinates the programs’ activities in compliance with all contract and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all documentation is accurately prepared for clients by program staff.
- Monitors team members to ensure that the required billing information is submitted and the monthly billings are accurate.
- Oversees all relevant database documentation and tracking about each program and any other data to ensure they are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Ensures that clients receive the services outlined in the contracts.
- Ensures that all services provided are properly documented and meet or exceed contract standards & guidelines.
- The Client Services Manager facilitates regular monitoring of case files to ensure compliance and completion.
- Assists staff with issues or grievances that may arise with clients, the community, etc.
- The Client Services Manager develops a tool to assess refugee and stakeholder program satisfaction. Develops and implements quality improvement plans based upon the assessment.
- Helps ensure the coordination and integration of services. Coordinates program activities with related activities within the department and in other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Helps respond to monitoring and audit reports and implements required changes.
- Create and manage partnerships and relationships with service providers, partner agencies, public systems, and the state refugee coordinator’s office to serve clients better.
- Maintains personal and professional boundaries in the performance of the job.
- Forges mutually respectful partnerships with clients, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Assists in securing funding for current and new programs.
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities.
- Participates in training and professional conferences to keep abreast of current trends.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in social service and minimum of two years of previous direct work experience in human services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment and high level of cultural competence
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner
- Excellent computer skills, accurate typing, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must own a personal multi-passenger vehicle, hold a valid Driver’s license, have a good driving record, and have appropriate personal auto insurance
- Master’s degree in social science or social work field.
- Experience supervising diverse teams of staff and/or interns.
- Familiarity with major social services programs, public transportation, employers, and neighborhoods
- Experience with human services programs.
- Reads, writes, and speaks a relevant foreign language.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Refugee Services Program Manager and other team members.
- Ability to manage a mobile workforce.
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer applications.
- Ability to respond promptly to requests.
Regularly required to talk and hear in person and on the telephone. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms to operate the computer and other office equipment. Required to operate a personal and agency vehicle. The employee frequently lifts and or moves up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by personal motor vehicle and is exposed to changing weather conditions. May perform job functions at out-posted locations as assigned.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative, and mission-driven. Working at Inspiritus means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, career development opportunities, and benefits like health care, flex hours, and a 403b match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: October 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 11/01/2021
- Salary Range: 42,000-50,000
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm