Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O'Bryan Center
Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) is searching for a Recruiter to join our Human Resources Team.
A dynamic anti-poverty nonprofit organization with deep community roots, Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) serves low wealth families and children in Middle TN. Our mission – We assist families rise above poverty in one generation. Operating 10 sites in Nashville and working collaboratively across Middle TN, our headquarter services are in Nashville’s Cayce Place Homes.
Recognized for building new service models that expand the “opportunity landscape” for families, working with MOBC means contributing to a culture of innovation, collaboration and leadership. Over 8,000 people are directly served annually across two program pathways – EDUCATION including early childhood, youth development, k-8 charter schools, high school Academic Student Unions, post-secondary support and FAMILTY ECONOMIC MOBILITY including parent empowerment, adult education and post secondary services, career support, preschool care, food security, and family/crisis counseling.
The Recruiter is responsible for creating a positive, seamless talent acquisition process for all internal partners, stakeholders and candidates for MOBC and charter school positions. The Recruiter effectively sources candidates, oversees screening and selection processes, and assists with onboarding new hires.
- Conducts full-cycle recruiting for assigned positions.
- Provides guidance and consultation to MOBC and charter school staff regarding effective and successful recruitment strategies
- Partners with hiring managers to determine qualities of an ideal candidate via competency matrixes and interview guides.
- Creates compelling job ads and posts positions that will attract top talent as part of advertising strategies specific to each unique role.
- Sources and screens candidates from a variety of proven recruiting sources
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with hiring managers to expedite the interviewing and selection process.
- Provides follow-up to candidates on recruiting status via phone and email.
- Acts as a liaison with candidates and hiring managers regarding licensing, credentialing and other issues.
- Initiates and monitors pre-hire processes, including reference checks and background screening.
- Partners with hiring managers to ensure plan is in place for a new hire’s first day
- Maintains all candidate data in the applicant tracking system
- Creates a pipeline of qualified candidates in anticipation of future openings
- Determines and implements recruiting best practices.
- Identifies opportunities for improving candidate experience.
- Develops and maintains relationships with universities and other recruitment sources and talent connectors.
- Provides advice, assistance and follow-up on recruiting policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Develops and recommends operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Recommends, develops and maintains human resource data bases and leverage HRIS data for problem solving and planning.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience independently conducting all aspects of talent acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet.
This position is benefits eligible.
MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please use the following link to access our career page: https://secure2.entertimeonline.com/ta/MOBC.careers?CareersSearch
2. Choose “Martha O’Bryan” from the Categories drop down box.
3. Click on the Job Title to be directed to the position description, and to apply.
- Date Posted: September 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk