Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Receptionist to join our team. Are you the right person?
You’re A Great Communicator
You are the first face when entering Nashville Rescue Mission. The Receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls and directs accordingly. Monitors access to the building, writes incident reports, accepts donations and writes receipts. The Receptionist also performs assigned computer and administrative skills directed by supervisor. You will also monitor security cameras and fire/burglar systems.
You’re A Diplomat
Can you handle multi-line system and balancing other administrative duties? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory. The right person for this position ensures every phone call or person entering the facility is treated with dignity and respect.
- Answers incoming phone calls and directs accordingly.
- Accepts messages for program participants and distributes them according to pre-established protocol.
- Allows access to those authorized to enter the building, staff, program, transitional housing residents, volunteers, community service and law enforcement.
- Monitors fire and burglar systems.
- Notifies duty shift personnel in case of a fire or an emergency.
- Contacts emergency personnel in case of fire or an emergency.
- Assists in emergency evacuations.
- Writes incident reports of anything out of the ordinary and gives to supervisor.
- Prepares and helps set up boardroom for board meetings.
- Accepts donations and contacts Gifts-in-Kind or the finance office of receipt of donations.
- Tracks package deliveries that are made to the lobby.
- Performs assigned clerical duties directed by supervisor.
1. Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Experience with a multi-line phone system.
- Ability to deal with difficult individuals on the phone and stay calm.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and stay calm with difficult visitors.
- Ability to take messages in a clear and concise manner and communicate that through written or email communication to the appropriate destination.
- Familiarity with Office Suite including email.
Moderate reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 25* pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays, and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume.
- Date Posted: April 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $13.14 - $16.43
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.