Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission is seeking qualified candidates for a Receptionist position located in our Welcome Center. This position’s primary responsibility is to welcome visitors to the Mission. Are you the right person for the job?
You’re A Great Communicator
You are the first face when entering Nashville Rescue Mission. The Receptionist is responsible for answering incoming calls and directs accordingly. Monitors access to the building, writes incident reports, accepts donations and writes receipts. The Receptionist also performs assigned computer and administrative skills directed by supervisor. You will also monitor security cameras and fire/burglar systems.
You’re A Diplomat
Can you handle multi-line system and balancing other administrative duties? Knowing the rules and following the rules comes along with the territory. The right person for this position ensures every phone call or person entering the facility is treated with dignity and respect.
Answers incoming phone calls and directs accordingly.
2. Accepts messages for program participants and distributes them according to pre-established protocol.
3. Allows access to those authorized to enter the building, staff, program, transitional housing residents, volunteers, community service and law enforcement.
4. Monitors fire and burglar systems.
5. Notifies duty shift personnel in case of a fire or an emergency.
6. Contacts emergency personnel in case of fire or an emergency.
7. Assists in emergency evacuations.
8. Writes incident reports of anything out of the ordinary and gives to supervisor.
9. Prepares and helps set up boardroom for board meetings.
10. Accepts donations and contacts the Gift in Kind or the finance office of receipt of donations.
11. Tracks package deliveries that are made to the Lobby.
12. Performs assigned clerical duties directed by supervisor.
- Experience with a multi-line phone system
- Ability to deal with difficult individuals on the phone and stay calm.
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and stay calm with difficult visitors.
- Ability to take messages in a clear and concise manner and communicate that through written or email communication to the appropriate destination.
- Familiarity with Office Suite including email.
HEALTH BENEFITS, TIME AWAY FROM WORK, LIFE INSURANCE AND MORE
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing