REAL Program Manager
Oasis Center: Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Summary: To manage and deliver the REAL (Reaching Excellence As Leaders) program at Oasis Center (YOC – Youth Opportunity Center); supervising staff and volunteers; working with community and corporate partners to ensure BIPOC male youth receive Youth Violence Prevention resources and alternatives that will divert them from the Juvenile Justice System.
- Coordinate recruitment of new REAL group participants and REAL alumni for R2 group.
- Coordinate with community partners for guest speakers relevant to the voiced interests and needs of youth participants.
- Develop and maintain partnerships to offer enrichment, service learning, expungement, trade credentialing, entrepreneurship, and college access for youth participants.
- Coordinate with My Brother’s Keeper, PASSAGE and other relevant REAL leadership opportunities.
- Collaborate with Juvenile Court and schools in the provision of diversion and prevention services through REAL and R2.
- Sustain communication with youth, parents, teachers and partners in order to ensure youth are receiving the support and guidance they need regarding school, mental health, employment, and participation in Oasis Center programming.
- Develop and evaluate a new REAL program curriculum.
- Implement new supplemental program model PLAAY (Preventing Long-term Anger and Aggression in Youth) and lead Juvenile Court.
- Provide leadership and supervise REAL staff and volunteers.
- Support staff and the Sr. Director of Action & Advocacy and V.P of AAE. in collecting meaningful program evaluation and impact data.
- Responsible for building deep, creative collaborations with a wide variety of stakeholders who are passionate about Youth Violence Prevention the life-changing diversion from the Juvenile justice system for BIPOC male youth.
- Maintain frequent communication with key donors, and responsibility for management and accurate reporting on grants.
- Participate in strategic planning for REAL and the organization.
- Assure a visible presence of REAL in the community through media, networking and collaboration.
Bachelor’s Degree and Two years of supervision and leadership experience.
401K & Match
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Aaron McGee … email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40K- 50K