Girl Scouts of Middle TN
Responsible for organizing and delivering council programs that meet the needs and interests of Girl Scouts throughout our 39 county service area.
• Develops, organizes, and delivers high quality programs that meet the needs and interests of our girl membership.
• Develops and implements innovative new ways to deliver programs to our diverse population of girls, which include in person programs, travel programs, and package programs.
• Collaborates frequently with other members of the program team to plan and execute programs.
• Intermittently oversees part-time program facilitators
• Maintains ongoing relationships with community partners, while cultivating relationships with new partners in the community.
• Markets Girl Scout programs in a variety of mediums including email blasts, flyer creation, presentations to service units, community and civic organizations, schools, and churches to promote programs and Girl Scouts in general.
• Helps position Girl Scouting as a key community resource and expert in addressing girls’ issues.
• Collaborates with other departments, including membership, fund development, communications, and volunteer resources, to deliver program experiences that are beneficial for our girl membership and our organization.
• Models behavior consistent with the purpose, values, and mission of Girl Scouts of the USA and the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee.
• Accepts additional responsibilities and performs other duties as delegated.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in program development and delivery with youth.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Creative, outgoing, motivated and able to design and deliver quality programs.
• Able to see projects through from conception to completion.
• Highly developed interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• Able to communicate effectively and professionally in individual and group settings and work with people of all ages.
• Goal oriented, detail oriented, energetic and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to coordinate multiple projects at one time for large groups of 50 or more.
• Able to handle sensitive information.
• Able to work up to 2 weekends per month seasonally.
• Demonstrated computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Office products.
• Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, including travel throughout our 39 county service area.
Physical Working Conditions
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. The employee may lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subject to outside environments, including uneven and/or unpredictable terrain and variable weather conditions typical of the region.
• Daytime travel is sometimes required.
• A current valid drivers’ license and access to transportation is required.
Health, dental, vision, long term disability and 403B plan
Paid time off and holiday pay
How to Apply
Send cover letter including salary desired and resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: January 29, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 02/10/2020
- Salary Range: $35,568-$39,000
- Working Hours: various