Tennessee Fair Housing Council
Tennessee Fair Housing Council
The Tennessee Fair Housing Council (the Council) has an immediate opening for a Program Manager. The Council is dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and promoting housing choice for all people through education, advocacy, and enforcement of fair housing laws. Located in Nashville, Tennessee, the Council is a private non-profit organization established in 1995. The Council provides direct client services to Davidson and seven surrounding counties, and education and outreach across the State of Tennessee.
Currently, the staff is working remotely due to the pandemic. We anticipate returning to the office at some point but are unsure when that will be. Training for this position may be a combination of remote as well as in the office when social distancing is possible. The successful candidate must have the ability to work remotely in a professional manner.
The Program Manager will utilize comprehensive program management experience to act as primary manager for testing and volunteer programs and oversee all program operations and evaluation. As the Testing and Volunteer Program Manager, they will develop investigative strategies, recruit and train testers, and initiate a volunteer/intern program. They will ensure efficient and effective organization-wide program implementation by assessing program operations, implementing continuous improvement solutions, and performing program evaluation.
Office hours are M – F 9:00am – 5:30pm.
Occasional weekends and nights may be required, as well as occasional travel. The anticipated start date for this position is late June 2020.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and carry out investigation strategies
- Recruit and train testers and other volunteers
- Work with the Staff Attorney to conduct investigations of certain cases
- Assess program operations and perform continuous improvement strategies
- Ensure program resources are appropriate for necessary operations
- Develop and implement a program evaluation plan to analyze the efficacy of outreach efforts
- Assist the Executive Director with completion of grant tasks and reporting
- Oversee certain smaller grants, including the completion of all tasks and efficient billing of time
- Safeguard clients’ security and confidentiality.
- Work as a team and support the mission and goals of the organization and programs.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely information for grant reporting and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, Sociology or other related field
- Highly motivated, and capable of working in a busy environment.
- Excellent critical thinking and analysis skills.
- Capacity to work without close supervision and meet deadlines, whether working in the office or remotely.
- Previous experience in recruiting and working effectively with volunteers
- Previous experience in program development and evaluation
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and able to maintain accurate records.
- Excellent writing skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated desire to work on behalf of civil rights protections.
- Ability to remain flexible
- Knowledge of fair housing laws and Tennessee landlord/tenant laws.
- Experience working in the non-profit environment, especially those funded by multiple grants.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Generous insurance package with health, dental, and vision coverage. Personal leave earned at the rate of 2 days/month, 10 paid holidays, and free onsite parking.
How to Apply
Please send resume, and cover letter by June 10, 2020to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the subject line “TFHC Program Manager”. The position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls please.
The Tennessee Fair Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Kathy@tennfairhousing.org.
- Date Posted: May 29, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 07/01/2020
- Salary Range: Depends on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F 9:00am - 5:30pm