Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Junior Achievement: Empowering young people to own their economic success®
At Junior Achievement, we give young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. Our corporate and community volunteers deliver relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship. JA programs empower students to make a connection between what they learn in school and how it can be applied in the real world – enhancing the relevance of their classroom learning and increasing their understanding of the value of staying in school.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
The Program Manager will manage programs with particular emphasis on volunteer recruiting, training, placement, support, and recognition. Facilitate activities of consultants and teachers, uphold quality standards for the organization, assure adherence to program models and program expansion in line with strategic goals of organization, and develop and maintain good educator relationships at all levels. Program Managers are part of a team responsible for delivery of programs within a 22 county geographic area.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
We at Junior Achievement are dedicated to providing a positive, enriching learning experience free of bias that promotes greater economic opportunity and equity. Junior Achievement welcomes K-12 students, volunteers, educators, staff, and other partners and stakeholders, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Develop and maintain educator relationships. Actively recruit and renew commitments of schools/teachers. Develop and deliver presentations to schools/teachers.
- Actively recruit new and existing community volunteers to meet program goals. Work with coordinators from area companies and organizations. Develop and deliver recruiting presentations. Train new volunteers.
- Continually provide excellent customer service through feedback, support and resources to volunteers and teachers throughout the school year. Ensure program quality through phone calls and/or emails to both parties. Maintain and cultivate long-term volunteer and company relationships.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned company connections. Identify and cultivate new company connections
- Research new avenues for volunteers to meet demands for programs. Organize and implement volunteer orientations.
- Develop and implement recognition programs that are of interest and value to participants, including events, scholarships, awards, and gifts.
- Maintain strong understanding of new and existing products.
- Handle general records and correspondence with volunteers and prospects, file class registration forms, communicate with marketing on volunteer needs, and supervise procurement and delivery of all program materials.
- Implement evaluation process and quality improvement to increase retention of volunteers and to assure fidelity to program implementation standards.
- Assist in other duties as needed including special projects, special events, and fundraisers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer literacy a must; strong oral/written communication skills; knowledge of the education community and organizations.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, vison, life insurance and 401k.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send resume with cover letter, including a paragraph about why you are interested in this job and what unique skills you bring, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include “JA K-12 Program Manager” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: June 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education