Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
The Healing Arts Project, Inc. (HAPI) seeks a person with experience in arts and mental/addiction to supervise and manage all aspects of HAPI’s art programs.
HAPI provides free classes taught by a professional artist to a person with mental illness. Additionally, HAPI encourages and advances HAPI artists by curating, managing, and promoting public exhibitions of their work across Tennessee. Exhibits close to peer support centers allow artists and their peers to view their art in public. Public display of their work builds artists' confidence and pride in their abilities and brings a new degree of respect and support from their own family and friends.
Reports To: Executive Director
Our work environment includes:
- Regular social events
- Casual work attire
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Manage all community-related art programming and projects
- Meet with agencies to build a positive, collaborative working relationship.
- Manage the program budgets.
- Manage all program coordinators, Middle, West, and East TN
- Coordinate with coordinators and art teachers to ensure artwork from classes is collected, grading rubrics are complete, and surveys have been distributed at the end of each teaching term.
- Manages HAPI's online store: Ensure that there is an online presence regarding HAPI's online store. Ensure that art is relevant and rotated regularly and manage online selling.
- Keep track of art sales and submit a request for reimbursement to ensure artist are paid their percentage
- Implement new strategies for each program.
- Learn about new technologies to implement into programs as needed
- Facilitate training, orientations, and workshops for all program-related staff
- Stay up to date with current trends and best practices
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with key constituencies.
- Self-directed style, ability to work independently, proactively, and efficiently with only moderate direction or supervision.
- Effectively follows through on assignments.
- Experience with personal or family mental illness is desirable.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and ability to identify and avoid conflict of interest.
- Bachelor's Degree in an arts-related program or a degree in psychology/social work
- Two years’ experience working in the field of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services with some arts education background or
- Two years of experience in an arts-related program with some mental health and Addiction services experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
- The ability to travel statewide at least quarterly
- The ability to work occasional evenings and weekends and
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- Ability to maneuver or lift 50 pounds.
Paid Time Off
Medical Membership Package
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to Lynece Benton-Stewart
- Date Posted: May 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 06/20/2022
- Salary Range: 35,500
- Working Hours: 37.5