Martha O'Bryan Center
Program Coordinator – College Zone at Maplewood Academic Student Union
Martha O'Bryan Center
The Program Coordinator implements, monitors, and oversees the College Zone at Maplewood’s four daily areas of focus: academics, work readiness, enrichment, and college prep. Additionally, this position is responsible for tracking student progress, reaching milestones, and continuing to develop a wealth of resources and programming to further help Maplewood High School students succeed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, develops, and oversees daily offerings in academics, work readiness, enrichment, and college prep.
- Researches best practices and implements after-school, fall break, spring break, and summer programming for high school students.
- Trains, and oversees the work of, tutors, volunteers, and AmeriCorps members.
- Develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure program success.
- Administers, and trains staff to administer, Student Learning Plans and Family Needs Assessments, records data, and tracks students’ grades, attendance, and classroom behavior.
- Utilizes Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) data to improve and adapt programming.
- Works with students, parents, and school staff to develop short-term steps in order to reach long-term goals.
- Ensures all high school milestones are met, per grant requirements.
- Meets regularly with high school faculty and teaching staff to ensure ASU’s materials and curriculum are aligned with high school’s lesson plans and Tennessee state standards.
- Assesses students’ needs and provides additional educational programs, seminars, and materials as needed.
- Designs programs and develops partnerships in the community in order to offer a multitude of enrichment activities, including, but not limited to music, dance, art, technology, sports, health, and leadership; Integrates academics, service learning, and leadership and life skills as frequently as possible.
- Coordinates with the College Zone Transition Coach to provide college prep services, including completing student action plans, family needs assessments, college visits, and ACT prep.
- Provides interventions for all students not on pace to graduate.
- Attends professional meetings, writes reports, and maintains records.
- Keeps Senior Director of High School Initiatives informed of problems, concerns, and needs regarding students, parents, and general operations.
- Identifies, implements, and monitors health, safety, and emergency standards and procedures for ASU.
- Maintains daily attendance and daily log sheets.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of experience in a social service, education, or youth development program.
- Program leadership experience in a social service organization preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
This is a benefits eligible position.
How to Apply
Apply online at http://www.marthaobryan.org/careers
- Date Posted: May 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth