Working from the Nashville office and reporting to the VP of Programs, Dismas House of Nashville seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to facilitate, coordinate and manage programming and services delivery for the residents at Dismas House. The Program Coordinator will lead the planning and implementation of daytime and evening programming. We are looking for a compassionate, care-driven professional who believes in facilitating wellness for residents and their families and will take initiative in effectively communicating with program providers, residents and Dismas staff. Further, the ideal candidate must have a reliable car, and have experience and/or passion for working with justice-impacted individuals.
- Work closely with VP of Programs to implement, coordinate, and facilitate daytime and evening programming.
- Ensure resident attendance at all required programming, meetings, and community dinners.
- Main point of contact with program providers to schedule appointments, sessions, and classes.
- Support program providers ensuring they have what is needed to offer their services.
- Generate new programming ideas and develop new program partnerships.
- Responsible to develop service solutions, maintain relationships, and identify areas for programmatic improvement.
- Maintain the resident programming calendar and communicate appointments, classes, meetings, and events to residents on a regular basis.
- Responsible for mass communications to residents regarding service providers, appointments, events and meetings.
- Assistance with resident handbook development and virtual publication.
- Collaborates with Development and Marketing Department on programmatic updates, data points, and other relevant information for promotional materials.
- Maintain program metrics and use Apricot software and managing licenses, report building, data cleaning, and data entry adherence.
- Collaborate with Clinical and Case Management staff for Recovery Programming.
- Assist with program committee and mentorship subcommittee in scheduling, materials development, contact with committee members, and publishing meeting minutes.
- Collaborate with Operations to deliver effective program logistics including program set up, transportation and ensuring digital access.
- Collaborate with Community Engagement Coordinator on residents’ solutions including identifying employer partnerships for workforce development and coordinating a mentorship program.
- Overseeing coordination with Project Return.
- Provide tours to donors, community partners, future volunteers & board members as needed.
- Plan & oversee group outings, and plan special events, celebrations, & milestones for residents.
- Identify and maintain post-program alumni communications and activities.
- Oversees interns and volunteers for specialized projects, practicums, and general internships.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
- Must be flexible to work some nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral or social sciences, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with programming or project management, implementation, and/or coordination.
- 1-3 years of related experience in coordinating or organizing programs and people and wearing many hats, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a capacity to communicate effectively empathetically and with a trauma-informed approach to the clients we serve.
- Propensity to work with energy, a high degree of initiative and from a positive perspective while maintaining flexibility and attention to detail.
- Enormous passion for and commitment to the mission of Dismas House; understanding of prison culture desired.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including increasing efficiencies around systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs and Windows-based operating system.
- Comfortable going inside prisons (if needed).
Excellent benefits package including paid medical, health and dental insurance, holidays and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: July 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: Dependent on Experience
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week