Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference for older adults living in College Grove and the surrounding community? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Program Coordinator at our FiftyForward College Grove location. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm.
We are looking for someone who assists in the overall day-to-day operations of the Center including planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and activities that are educational, social, and recreational, encouraging total health and well-being and community involvement.
As the main point of contact for our customers, visitors, and members at FiftyForward College Grove Station, you will be instrumental in ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining a warm and inviting atmosphere for our FiftyForward members.
In alignment with FiftyForward’s mission, you will:
- Plan, develop, promote, implement, and evaluate highest quality, best practice Center programs and activities, including a variety of courses, trips, presentations, activities, workshops, and special events based on needs and requests of center members.
- Work closely with your supervisor in planning and executing overall Center goals and strategic plans.
- Serve as the primary FiftyForward staff person working from FiftyForward College Grove Center. Opens, close, and set up Center daily to maintain consistent operation. Communicate necessary and important information about the Center to supervisor in timely manner.
- Be the main on-site point of contact for Williamson County Parks and Rec.
- Work with the College Grove advisory council and council committees.
- In coordination with your supervisor, prepare, maintain, and make available monthly calendar and newsletter. Work closely with FiftyForward’s programming committee, Directors and other staff members in implementing the event calendar.
- Promote activities through our online systems and via information boards, social media, constant contact emails, and other means.
- Prepare the Center for programs, activities and special events as needed.
- Actively recruit, screen, interview, engage, and evaluate instructors, group facilitators, and presenters.
- Complete and manage necessary paperwork, data and logistics for members and volunteers and ensure that records comply with organization and funding source requirements.
- Maintain an active corps of Center volunteers who are selected, trained, and recognized in compliance with organization policies and procedures.
- Network with other organizations and services to collaborate on programs and services.
- Schedule and/or drive organization vehicles as needed for daily programming and special events.
- Represent FiftyForward in the community and promote the Center throughout the service areas to form and sustain community partnerships and encourage Center membership.
- Attend and participate in meetings related to the activity of the Center and of FiftyForward as requested.
- An interest in working directly with older adults to promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Effective and professional communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher).
- Comfort working with Zoom and providing audio-visual support.
- Understanding of and experience with using social media to promote programming and recruitment.
- Excellent detail and problem-solving skills.
- Openness to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with FiftyForward Management Team.
- Proven ability to be flexible and work cooperatively with internal and external customers including members, constituents, and providers.
- Demonstrated skills in organization, customer service, and time and task management.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Associate degree or two years of college courses focusing on social services, recreation or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 -3 years’ experience in program planning, development, implementation, and evaluation. Prefer experience working with active older adults and volunteers.
- Must be First Aid/CPR and ServSafe-certified or able to obtain certification.
- A valid TN driver’s license including a good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, FSA and HSA
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays – including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
- Date Posted: June 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm