JOB SUMMARY/SCOPE OF WORK
Reporting to the Program Director (PD), the Youth Program Coordinator will be responsible for the success of management of volunteers, program facilitation/delivery. In this newly established role, the Youth Program Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of volunteers to make sure that programs and outings are properly staffed. Overseeing Water Walkers adventure and education programs which provide a safe space for youth to learn, grow, and lead.
The Youth Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the following programs:
- Twice-weekly, after-school tutoring and educational enrichment programs for youth ages 6-18;
- Summer watersports programs at Percy Priest Lake, as well as expanded adventure-based youth development programming during out-of-school time; and summer education tutoring program
- Education and cultural outings to various entities that educate and inform the youth of the world around them and beyond.
Program Delivery (50%)
- Facilitate high-quality, engaging out-of-school time programs and ensure Water Walkers’ program is physically and emotionally safe for all participants
- Help coordinate program logistics, including meals/snacks, recreational and safety equipment, and/or transportation
- Procure, prepare, clean, and ensure adequate storage of all learning materials
- Ensure compliance with organization guidelines, policies, and procedures, including regarding program delivery, safety/emergencies, and confidentiality
- Engage with parents and volunteers as needed to ensure Water Walkers’ participants have the services and supports they need
- Maintain personal certifications and training requirements as determined by the ED and PD
Volunteer Management (40%)
- Manage the volunteer recruitment and training plan
- Supervise the onboarding/training and scheduling of all volunteers
- Work closely with the Program Director to cultivate long-term volunteer investment in Water Walkers’ mission and programs
- Oversee volunteer communications and recognition
Monitoring & Impact Evaluation (10%)
- Monitor volunteer engagement via software and program spreadsheets
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an early-career professional who loves working with kids to support and shape the direction of our programs. Specific requirements include:
- Deep commitment to and passion for the mission, vision, and values of Water Walkers.
- Minimum of a BA or equivalent.
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience or equivalent in related field.
- Proficient swimmer. Within 90 days of hire: Must complete Lifeguard Training course, including CPR/First Aid/AED certification (sponsored by Water Walkers).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- You have your own vehicle/transportation.
- Passion for and interest in watersports and other adventure sports.
- At minimum, the ability to work evenings (until approx. 6:30 pm) twice-weekly during the school year
- At least 4 hours a day during the summer.
- At least two weekend days per month.
- All candidates must successfully pass a federal background check before hire.
- Experience working with a special population of children.
- Part-time position starting at $30,000 based on qualifications and experience
- No health or medical benefits are available through Water Walkers
- Flexible paid time off (PTO), including 13 holidays
- Professional development benefits including Lifeguard certification, Wilderness First Aid certification, and courses through the Center for Nonprofit Management, all sponsored by Water Walkers
- Ability to set a flexible work schedule outside Water Walkers’ normal programming hours
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Youth Program Coordinator” in the subject line.
This Job Summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required by this job classification.
- Date Posted: April 6, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 04/25/2022
- Salary Range: $30,000
- Working Hours: Part time