Southern Word, Inc.
Southern Word, Inc.
The primary purpose of this part-time administrative position is to ensure that all program functions flow accurately, smoothly, and efficiently. This includes roles such as scheduling, documenting, communicating, coordinating, and supporting residencies, workshops, and events. This requires development and implementation of logistical processes to manage contracts, paperwork, and releases. Program coordinator develops and fosters relationships with new and existing program partners. Possible teaching support and curriculum development roles included with appropriate experience. Anticipate 10 to 20 hours a week of work with seasonal fluctuations. Coordinator must be available on evenings and weekends when necessary to deliver on responsibilities.
- Serve as central coordinating support to ensure smooth and accurate functions of all Southern Word’s residencies, workshops, programs, and events.
- Manage and enhance systems for planning and scheduling.
- Serve as part of the team developing program curriculum and materials.
- Serve as part of the team writing and reporting on grants.
- Collect, compile, and organize information and reports related to programmatic activity.
- Process human resource related paperwork connected to mentor engagement.
- Serve as part of the team creating professional development opportunities for mentors and staff.
- Communicate effectively and responsively with all Southern Word stakeholders.
- Support the marketing and execution of events.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as representative of Southern Word.
- Process contracts, agreements, releases, and paperwork related to the administration of programs.
- Integrate appropriate technology in order to most effectively execute responsibilities.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Participate as part of the team building and executing the overall Southern Word strategy.
- Execute additional responsibilities as necessary for success of the team.
Bachelor’s degree. Administrative office experience with an emphasis on project management and facilitating quality logistics. Ability to self-direct and thrive in unstructured settings by prioritizing activities with maximum impact. Aptitude for developing and maintaining effective relationships with a variety of partners in diverse settings. Efficiency and accuracy. Responsive and adept via e-mail, text, phone, and social media. Excellent organizational skills necessary. Ability to work positively with team members to reach goals. Proficiency in office programs including Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to develop and teach writing programs a definite plus. Interest in growing with a growing organization. Flexibility and positivity in the face of shifting situations.
How to Apply
E-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: January 4, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 02/15/2021
- Salary Range: $16 - $20/hr
- Working Hours: 10 to 20 hours per week