PROGRAM ASSISTANT, Foster Grandparent Program
PROGRAM ASSISTANT, Foster Grandparent Program (social services, administrative assistant)
FiftyForward seeks candidates for part-time position of Program Assistant in its Foster Grandparent Program.
As the Foster Grandparent program assistant, you would join one of the most well established and respected non-profits in Nashville. Founded in 1956, FiftyForward is a leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers and community partners.
Come and be a part of one of FiftyForward’s oldest and most well established programs. More than 54 years ago FiftyForward was selected as an original site for the national Foster Grandparent Program and we proudly continue to provide volunteers who are role models, mentors and friends to children with exceptional needs. Each year, 55 adults (age 55+) provide one-on-one mentoring and tutoring for more than 1,000 children and play an important role in their development and educational success. This year foster grandparents are more vital than ever before as children are learning in new and different ways and often under very difficult circumstances.
The Foster Grandparent program assistant works in conjunction with the program manager to help volunteers and the children they serve continue to be successful. Assisting with the recruitment and selection of volunteers, as well as training volunteers on program requirements and use of new technology and social engagement are essential functions of the program assistant position. Additionally, the program assistant must be able to collect, organize and discern metric indicators of success from raw data and develop reports accordingly.
- Must maintain reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and liability insurance
- Travel inside Davidson county is required and reimbursement is provided
The successful candidate will have:
- a passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to the mission, values and goals of FiftyForward
- a high school diploma; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- one to three years of experience with data management
- experience working with older adults and/or in a school setting
- demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with diverse groups
- demonstrated excellence in communicating both verbally and in writing
- demonstrated ability to work well in a fast paced environment, juggling a variety of tasks efficiently
- an ability to problem solve and be open to change
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays (including one week at Christmas)
- Volutary benefits available such as life, cancer, critical illness, short-term disability and accident
How to Apply
Apply online at https://jobapply.page.link/7ryQ
- Date Posted: August 18, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/04/2020
- Salary Range: 15.00 an hour
- Working Hours: 20 hours a week, Monday-Friday 8:00 am-12:00 pm