FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Program Assistant. This is a full-time position with regular weekday hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm.
In this role, you will provide service and assistance in our centers and programs supporting Center staff and activities, FiftyForward Fresh/Meals on Wheels and FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Service
What you’ll do:
- Set up and break down rooms for activities.
- Assist members and staff with activities.
- Answer phone and assist with other center and member tasks as requested.
FiftyForward Fresh/Meals on Wheels:
- Help in daily food preparation and meal plating including preparation of breakfast, snack, lunch and refreshments.
- Complete daily set-ups, cleaning, stocking and organizing storage areas.
- Assist with menu planning.
- Assist program staff in meetings needs of participants and volunteers.
- Deliver meals to recipients in absence of scheduled volunteers.
FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services:
- Set up program space and activities and assist participants during program activities.
- Remain in activity room with participants to monitor, encourage and lead/assist as needed.
- Assist with distribution of meals and snacks
- Complete and submit accurate documentation in a timely manner.
- Adhere to FiftyForward safety policies and emergency procedures.
- Work closely with supervisor and other staff to deliver a consistently high level of responsive service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to work effectively with older adults, staff, colleagues and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations.
- Experience with using kitchen equipment, computer, printer and telephone equipment.
- Must be First-Aid/CPR and ServSafe-certified or willing to obtain certification. Maintain knowledge of AED (defibrillator).
- Ability to bend, stoop, push, pull, stand for long periods, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds.
- A valid TN driver’s license, able to obtain F endorsement on driver’s license, appropriate automobile insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all Centers
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: April 27, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm