Nashville Public Radio
Nashville Public Radio
Production Coordinator/On Air Host, Nashville Public Radio, Music Discovery Station:
Nashville Public Radio is looking for a creative audio production whiz who has passion for music and a desire to help launch a unique Music Discovery station. You will use your engineering and production skills to create a signature station style that will seamlessly stitch together a diverse array of artists and information. From specialty programming to station imaging to in-studio sessions, you will have the opportunity to make a new sonic stamp on Music City.
In addition, you will be a regular on-air host, expected to keep up with emerging artists and remain plugged in to Nashville’s vibrant music community. As a founding member of a new station, you will also be cross trained and receive opportunities for career development. Nashville Public Radio is a mission driven organization, dedicated to hiring a diverse, equitable and inclusive team whose unique lived experiences will bring a panoramic perspective to the area’s music and culture.
- Host a live daily air shift.
- Produce in-house audio elements for all platforms including broadcast, social, web, video, podcast, on-demand.
- Coordinate station imaging.
- Engineer and edit live in-studio sessions and interviews.
- Maintain production calendar.
- Maintain archive and database of unique station audio.
- Work with marketing, sponsorship and underwriting teams for production needs.
- Participate in fundraising activities on and off air.
- Contribute to website and social media on a regular basis.
- Participate in weekly music meetings.
- Non-standard working hours guaranteed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and passion for a wide range of music and deep interest in local Nashville artists
- At least 2 years of hosting, broadcasting or podcasting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of broadcasting and recording equipment.
- Extensive experience with audio editing software.
- Live event engineering experience.
- Functional skills with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Video production skills are an added plus.
- Patient and confident communicator able to deal with unpredictable outcomes in a dynamic setting
In addition to being part of the meaningful mission of Nashville Public Radio, employees receive competitive salary and excellent benefits. As part of a successful public radio organization, you will get cross training and educational opportunities to expand your skill set and further your professional development.
How to Apply
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusivity in our hiring. Nashville Public Radio is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Please submit cover letter, resume and links to your voice work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: September 25, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 10/15/2020
- Working Hours: Non-standard working hours guaranteed