Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Product Development Manager
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2020 AT 11:59PM
Dynamic IT team on the leading edge of technology has a need for an experienced Product Development Manager. Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment? Do you want to have a role in influencing day-to-day decisions? Do you want to have challenging work every day where your creativity can be an asset? How about a flexible schedule with remote work options? Then we want to meet you!
We are looking for a Product Development Manager to supervise and direct our Systems Developer (Software Developer) and Quality Assurance positions, providing architectural strategy, direction, and software development support of business applications for THDA. In this role, you will define development tools and approach, requirements, specifications, prioritizations, deliverables, and implementation. You will demonstrate your expertise by providing sound, creative code development approaches and thorough knowledge of architecture, programming, database development, application integration, and business systems.
We need someone with a successful track record in managing Software Developers and Quality Assurance staff, with strong organizational and decision-making skills, and strong interpersonal verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in data processing, computer science, or other related field preferred.
- Five years of professional level experience in systems analysis, application design, or software development of business information systems.
- Three years’ experience as a Team Lead, supervisor, or similar role leading or mentoring peers/developers.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2015/2019 programming suite, including C#, MVC, .NET Core and Entity Framework.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server/AzureDevOps 2019 in regards to Check-In/Out, Shelving, Branching, Reversion, Work Item Queries, Area, Iterations, and the Build Agent.
- Experience working with third party components like Telerik/Kendo preferred.
- Experience with Angular, React, vue, or other front end technologies preferred.
- Knowledge of various web scripting languages a plus.
STARTING SALARY: $80,000 to $104,000 depending on experience.
See enclosed Job Description for more information.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE: We also offer work-life balance opportunities through flexible schedules and telecommuting.
To apply, visit our website at www.thda.org and click on the Careers link at the top of the page. Note that only on-line applications for positions through this website will be considered.
THDA is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly supervises staff; interviews, hires, and trains employees; makes assignments and monitors work; develops employee skills and encourages growth and development; reviews and evaluates employee performance; addresses workplace issues and provides guidance, coaching, and disciplinary measures for staff; addresses personnel issues in conjunction with appropriate leadership and the Human Resources division.
- Provides direction and supervision for development team members through code and system development processes, planning, coordination, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Improves, develops and enforces all programming procedures and standards with the oversight of the Director of Information Technology (IT) and in consultation with Systems Developers; uses industry best practices surrounding the Agile System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Works withBusiness Analyst Manager(s) to define and implement standard requirements, documentation processes, and formats for all application development features and bug fixes.
- May conduct reviews with users of preliminary system design products and plans; reviews program design to ensure compatibility with needs and business requirements; creates and defines application frameworks for implementation.
- Provides time and resource estimates for software development activities, coordinationg with Lead Developers, Systems Developers and other IT team members as required; manages and adheres to all deployment schedules.
- Oversees all development project pipelines, working closely with the Lead Developers to ensure development work is acurately defined and capacity and resources are appropriate on any given project and/or Sprint.
- Responsible for oversight and maintenance of the agency’s AzureDevOps implementation, including project setup, administration, and configuration for all modules and aspects.
- Maintains technical knowledge of software development techniques; stays current on security concerns and best practices for web-based development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Strong working knowledge of programming patterns and software design concepts.
- Extensive experience of client server and web based application architecture and development.
- Working knowledge of Internet Information Services concepts and configurations.
- Experience with software development life cycle from authoring code to automated testing to continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of project management and software development techniques and standards, specifically the Agile methodology.
- Strong analytical, organizational, debugging, and decision-making skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately and completely with a propensity for detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: August 20, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Government
- Salary Range: $80,000 to $104,000