PRN Recertification Specialist- Jackson, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our Foster Care program works with the foster care children to talk about their referral issues and to discuss why they are in foster care. This counselor also serves as a liaison between the child and the court and is always an advocate for the best needs of the child. The Youth Villages Foster Care Program uses intensive in-home based treatment where interventions are parent focused bringing change through the family, school, community, and peer groups.
- Tracks foster parents’ relicensing dates and notifies foster parents of upcoming relicensing requirements.
- Provides foster parents with documents needed for relicensing and ensures all are complete and accurate.
- Completes home visits to each foster home prior to relicensing to conduct home environment survey, fire safety inspection report, and any other necessary environmental checks.
- Completes home study addendums as necessary.
- Verifies that all necessary background checks are ran on foster parents, as well as other adults and youth in the home over 14, and support individuals.
- Verifies training hours of foster parents prior to relicensing.
- Completes reference checks on all foster parents.
- Presents foster homes to Relicensing
- Committee for approval.
- Uploads all relicensing documentation to electronic medical record.
- Maintains up to date records on all foster parents.
- Attends weekly census, relicensing meetings.
- Conducts Compliance related tasks including, but not limited to, mock auditing, reporting to licensing agencies, review of licensing standards, revision of policy and procedures, processes, and program documents, tracking and reporting of critical incidents, attending compliance meetings, compilation of satisfaction surveys, and other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a social services degree is required, Master’s preferred
- Foster Care experience preferred
- Must have excellent customer service & communication skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have ability to multi-task
Covid-19 Vaccine Requirement
As of October 15, 2021, Youth Villages has required the COVID-19 vaccine for all employees, excluding those with an approved medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment to help ensure the safety of all employees and youth and families served.
How to Apply
Youth Villages is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Youth Villages is committed to not only advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace but also in our work with children and young adults. We know that children, families and young people of color can face inequity in child welfare and justice systems, and we train our employees to build the skills they need to work with the communities that we serve, as well as, other employees from different cultures and backgrounds. Youth Villages is opposed to racism in any of its forms and is committed to inclusion, equity, and diversity. We believe that respect for each other is crucial in the work that we do each day.
- Date Posted: August 27, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth