Prevention Specialist (International Teen Outreach Program)
Oasis Center: Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Position: Prevention Specialist (International Teen Outreach Program)
Summary: To provide prevention services to immigrant and refugee youth and families, and actively participate on the Youth Engagement and Action team.
Salary Range: $37,000- 41,000 Based on Education & Experience
- Utilize evidence base positive youth development curriculum to coordinate the provision of service-learning and prevention group services for and with youth from international descent at two Metro Nashville Public Schools.
- Coordinate the provision of college access activities and workshops which focus on developing a college going identity.
- Coordinate youth leadership group, activities, and event planning for a citywide celebration of diversity.
- Coordinate & provide prevention services within school and community settings.
- Actively engage with school and community partners to coordinate site specific programming.
- Help build an inclusive, engaging and welcoming school climate that increases student attendance and school connectedness. Facilitate the referral process for potential participants.
- Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the program.
- Provide service/learning and prevention services for and with middle and high school students.
- Provide summer programming for youth, as required.
- Facilitate prevention group sessions, as required by the assigned project.
- Provide parent outreach, family group, and supportive services, when appropriate.
- Document participant interaction in a consistent and ethical manner through weekly data entry and maintaining orderly client and program files.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to access community and agency resources.
- Ability to effectively organize and carry on several initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to deliver effective training and group facilitation with youth and parents.
- Knowledge and ability to use computer and other office equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to apply adolescent and family development, crisis intervention and group work principles.
- Knowledge and ability to apply science-based prevention principles.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years relevant experience.
Free Dental/Vision employee coverage
401K & up to 3% match
Free LIfe Insurance policy
PTO – including birthday and Juneteenth
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jenn Garcia- email@example.com
- Date Posted: August 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37K-40K