Nashville Public Television
President & CEO
Nashville Public Television
Nashville Public Television (NPT) is seeking a visionary media professional to serve as President and CEO. Nashville Public Television reaches 2.4 million people in the Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky viewing area. Known for its thriving community in music, food and the arts, Nashville is a culturally rich, diverse city. Working with the Board of Directors, the CEO will implement the strategic direction of NPT, a well-respected, financially successful station. Additionally, the CEO will oversee station efforts in multi-platform content creation and distribution and serve as principal ambassador to the community-at-large.
- In consultation with the Board of Directors, develops the organization’s strategic direction, short and long-term plans and budgets. Tracks industry trends with respect to content, technology and funding.
- Provides leadership and guidance to members of the top management team to ensure the smooth operation of the organization, as well as appropriate alignment of departmental strategies with overall mission and available resources. Assures accountability by working with senior staff to establish goals and tracking mechanisms.
- Responsible for ensuring that the organization operates in a financially responsible manner within parameters determined by the Board of Directors. Maximizes revenues available for service through strategic, effective and ethical fundraising.
- Develops strategic alliances with other organizations.
- Oversees a strong presence in the community through support and collaboration with other like-minded non-profit and educational organizations.
- Serves as the chief fundraiser for the organization, including cultivation of relationships and solicitation of support from key individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Develops appropriate public service and revenue-generation projects and ventures designed to further the mission and/or strengthen the organization’s financial situation.
- Manages and supervises top management and other staff members. Assures sound stewardship of resources.
- Responsible for operation of the organization under applicable laws and regulations of the federal, state and local governments, as well as the FCC and other regulatory bodies.
- Maintains strong relationships with public broadcasting national organizations and other local public broadcasters.
- Fosters diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Establishes and nurtures an environment to maintain a strong, inclusive and positive staff. Guides professional development initiatives.
- Leads station efforts in multi-platform content creation and distribution.
Seven years of increasingly responsible and successful experience in a senior executive role, preferably in broadcast media. Ability to understand local, state and federal rules, regulations, policies and laws pertaining to the operation of a public television station and a non-profit organization. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, graduate level preferred. Computer literate.
Generous benefits include, among other items, 403(b) retirement plan, generous vacation, personal and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, life, as well as short and long term insurance.
How to Apply
NPT is assisted in this search by NETA Consulting. If you are interested in applying, send your resume and a one-page vision statement for NPT and public media to: NPTCeo@Netaconsulting.org
To discuss this opportunity, you can contact Skip Hinton, Skip@netaconsulting.org.
For best possible consideration, please submit application by January 4, 2021. NPT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: December 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Working Hours: 40 + hrs/wk