West End United Methodist Church
Preschool Executive Director
West End United Methodist Church
West End United Methodist Church seeks an Executive Director to be responsible for the management, administration and growth of the West End UMC Preschool. Our program is a ministry of the church with young children and their families. The church acknowledges the on-going need for quality educational experiences for preschool children. The church believes that family life is strengthened when children are cared for in a safe and nurturing environment, and parents are offered opportunities for growth and development as well.
As an early childhood education program for children ages six weeks through five years old, West End’s Weekday Preschool Ministries seeks to nurture children, to develop loving relationships, to kindle creativity, to enable the children to learn and develop at their own rate and to their individual capacity, to empower children with a sense of self-worth, a “can-do” attitude, respect for others, an awareness of the need to care for our world, and an insatiable curiosity and eagerness to learn.
The concept that children learn best through their play experiences guides the selection of curriculum. Carefully planned age appropriate activities encourage balanced physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development of the individual child.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidate should be passionate about creating a positive work environment, holds staff accountable to DHS requirements, and enjoys building relationships with children, staff, and parents. Candidates must also meet DHS qualifications for a director of a single-site child care center.
Please go to our website for the complete job description: https://www.westendumc.org/preschool-executive-director
• Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Master’s Degree preferred. Course work in business administration is preferred.
• Experience Required: Expertise in both early childhood education/child development and administration/management. Minimum of three years teaching in early childhood education setting. Three to five years of experience in a progressive administrative leadership role.
• Abilities Required: Abilities to make independent decisions and apply established procedures to individual and specific situations pertaining to children, parents, committees or staff in a non-biased manner. Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills and be conscientious and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks. Must have organizational and computer skills. Must be able to maintain a poised, professional demeanor.
Continuing Education Required or Expected
• Complete a minimum of 20 hours of professional development and training per year. At least 6 hours shall be in administration, management or supervisory training. Up to four hours may be earned conducting training.
Maintain annually updated Professional Development Plan (PDP)
• Must be able to meet DHS requirements with a medical statement indicating that your general physical and mental condition permits you to direct and actively participate in activities with children, parents and staff. Additionally, must comply with a tuberculosis test.
Work is done in a well-lit, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
Light physical activity normally performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature, using close vision with moderate noise. Continuous work on computer to carry out daily tasks.
Must be able to coordinate work, constantly move about, able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms (occasionally overhead), stoop, kneel, talk to and hear staff and parent requests, and also occasionally lift or carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Must be able to respond quickly, moving and guiding children to safety in the event of an emergency.
STATUS/HOURS: Exempt/Monday through Friday with occasional weekend and night time responsibilities.
- Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Long-term Disability
- Paid Time-Off
- Tuition Discount
- Retirement/match up to 4% of salary
How to Apply
Please complete our online application at: https://www.westendumc.org/preschool-executive-director
- Date Posted: July 25, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/22/2022
- Salary Range: 50,000-75,000
- Working Hours: Mostly Monday-Friday