Martha O'Bryan Center
Post Secondary Success Coach
Martha O'Bryan Center
POST SECONDARY SUCCESS COACH
Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) is searching for a Post Secondary Success Coach to join our team.
A dynamic anti-poverty nonprofit organization with deep community roots, Martha O’Bryan Center (MOBC) serves low wealth families and children in Middle TN. Our mission – We assist families rise above poverty in one generation. Operating 10 sites in Nashville and working collaboratively across Middle TN, our headquarter services are in Nashville’s Cayce Place Homes.
Recognized for building new service models that expand the “opportunity landscape” for families, working with MOBC means contributing to a culture of innovation, collaboration and leadership. Over 8,000 people are directly served annually across two program pathways – EDUCATION including early childhood, youth development, k-8 charter schools, high school Academic Student Unions, post-secondary support and FAMILTY ECONOMIC MOBILITY including parent empowerment, adult education and post secondary services, career support, preschool care, food security, and family/crisis counseling.
The Post Secondary Success (PSS) Coach provides individual and group support for first-generation and low-income college students attending 2-year and 4-year institutions of higher learning to support student persistence. The PSS Coach maintains contact with a core caseload of students and organizes cohort activities to encourage peer-to-peer support.
- Works collaboratively with the High School and Adult Education programs to develop a smooth transition to college/career and improve overall retention rates.
- Plans and/or facilitates student workshops/seminars beginning in high school focused on building life skills and enhancing academic skills.
- Assists students with completing the necessary PSS enrollment paperwork.
- Assists students with completing college and financial aid applications.
- Helps students set individual education and career goals and work toward accomplishing them.
- Develops and maintains relationships with college administration and student services groups.
- Advocates for students as necessary.
- Provides tutoring and teaches study skills as needed
- Teaches career skills/life skills classes
- Verifies and maintains data on student matriculation, enrollment, and retention.
- Inputs data into internal database (Salesforce) as required.
- Prepares monthly reports to Senior Director of ASUs and Post-Secondary Initiatives on status of core caseload.
- Grows and maintains knowledge of post secondary education and barriers to college success through the use of current research data.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, or related field.
- One or more years working in case management counseling, admissions and/or financial aid preferred.
- Knowledge of FAFSA and financial aid.
- Knowledge of higher education and barriers to success for first-generation and low-income college bound students.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of college and community groups.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate including familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, database, desk top publishing software, email and the internet.
- Regular day and occasional overnight travel local, statewide, and out of state (50%).
- Current, valid driver’s license.
This position is benefits eligible.
MARTHA O’BRYAN CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please use the following link to access our career page: https://secure2.entertimeonline.com/ta/MOBC.careers?CareersSearch
2. Choose “Martha O’Bryan” from the Categories drop down box.
3. Click on the Job Title to be directed to the position description, and to apply.
- Date Posted: September 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $42000.00 - $45000.00
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk