Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
Hope Lives Here!
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives. Join our team today!
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a full-time Pickup Driver. Responsible for providing courteous and professional donation pick-up and delivery from individual or business donors to both campuses. Operates a Mission vehicle lawfully and safely while giving the best quality service to our donors and patrons. Are you the right person?
You’re Strong In Your Faith
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of this position. Your job is to communicate the Gospel and model Christian character to volunteers, the community and NRM staff. Are you prepared to share your testimony or the Mission’s message of hope? Trains program participants and volunteers assisting in the donation processes to follow all gift policies and procedures.
You’re Skilled In Many Areas
The Pickup Driver will serve as a key member of Nashville Rescue Mission’s Operations staff. Responsible for the coordination of pick-up and delivery to campus and donations received, while ensuring any deliveries to the campus are received for the need. This person will need to report any maintenance issues and records on equipment and vehicles. Ability to stand, lift, stoop, climbing stairs and push or pull items weighing 40 pounds or less. Keep accurate record of giving while on routes for donors and Gifts-in-Kind Supervisor.
- Obtains pick-up slips from the Gifts-in-Kind Supervisor each morning and plans pickups in the most fuel efficient route possible.
- Drives donation truck or other Mission vehicles to pick up donations for Rescue Mission from corporations, private individuals or other non-profit organizations. Delivers said donations to both campuses.
- Greet donors with courtesy and fills out donor receipt with all required documentation.
- Turns in applicable or required paperwork each day.
- Reports vehicle maintenance issues, safety violations or moving/non-moving violations immediately to appropriate supervisor.
- Follows policies and procedures regarding the use the fuel card and keeps detailed record off any and all expenditures.
- Trains program participants and volunteers assisting in the donation processes to follow all policies and procedures.
- Vehicles are operated safely and chargeable accidents are zero.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent; one year maintenance experience.
- Moderate reading and writing skills; typing/computer usage; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to qualify as a Designated Mission Vehicle Driver under NRM insurance policy.
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License
- Have no more than two moving violations in a 3 year period or more than on accident in a 1 year period
- Proof of current insurance on personal vehicle
- Physical driving test
Ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climbing stairs, push and pull items weighing 40 pounds or less; manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Nashville Rescue Mission offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for relaxation, holidays, and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the Nashville Rescue Mission family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
How to Apply
Nashville Rescue Mission is a Christ-centered community dedicated to providing hope for today, hope for tomorrow, and hope for eternity to the hungry, homeless, and hurting in Middle Tennessee.
We are always looking for extremely talented individuals to join our growing team of men and women who are focused on helping the homeless and hungry in our community.
To apply, visit Careers at Nashville Rescue Mission to upload your resume.
- Date Posted: March 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Transportation
- Salary Range: $13.14 - $16.43
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., with an occasional Saturday