Phone Based Healthcare Access Specialist
Family & Children's Service
Healthcare Access Specialists will conduct eligibility screenings, schedule callers into appointments, provide facilitated enrollment services, and refer callers to other FCS programs and external resources as appropriate via phone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete CMS Assister MLMS training course and pass exam.
- Provide courteous, professional and confidential assistance to all clients seeking health benefits.
- Handle sensitive and personal information with an understanding and respect for client confidentiality.
- Ensure that follow-up is completed to capture client referrals and outcomes.
- Assess, identify and evaluate needs of callers to determine eligibility. Assist those who are eligible, refer others as appropriate.
- Determine if clients are potentially eligible for TennCare, CoverKids or Marketplace plans and assist clients in applying for such programs as appropriate.
- Identify and refer clients not eligible for health insurance to the FCS Health Assist program, or those with Medicare to SHIP.
- Provide follow up as needed to successfully complete the enrollment process for TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace plans.
- Assess callers’ needs, facilitate problem-solving with callers and make accurate referrals to appropriate community agencies, programs and services.
- Attend training and briefings on TennCare, CoverKids and Marketplace coverage; and fulfill annual continuing education requirements for state renewal each year.
- Maintain documentation of clients in a clear, precise and timely manner.
- Assist with social media postings/updates.
- Regular attendance during office hours and reliable transportation required.
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Social Services or a health care field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment, and experience working with nonprofit organizations, community groups and/or government programs strongly preferred. Must know how to use computers, perform data entry and using Microsoft Office.
Position is benefits eligible.
How to Apply
Submit resume and salary requirements to:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 30, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services