Center for Nonprofit Management
Partnerships and Development Coordinator
Center for Nonprofit Management
In 30 years of serving our local nonprofit sector, the CNM brand is strong and poised for growth. A belief in the value of the sector’s countless achievements drives us forward. Meeting and exceeding the needs of nonprofit businesses is a substantial strategy in our approach.
In addition to providing exceptional programs and services, CNM makes it a priority to establish and communicate our brand value with energy and clarity to stakeholders. Developing existing and new CNM relationships and strengthening connections cross-sector between nonprofit leaders, funders, and other civic stakeholders, is important to our team. Building on the progress of existing communications and development efforts, CNM seeks to enhance its leadership voice and further an authentic and supportive communication style through data-based storytelling while uplifting the voices and contributions of our members and stakeholders. In addition, we use this storytelling to attract investments in CNM from our funding partners. Our mission, to amplify the impact of nonprofits and their partners, promotes a more collaborative and supported community prepared to address our most pressing social agendas.
The Partnerships and Development Coordinator at CNM coordinates capacity building projects for the Partnership Advancement and Development Department. This department includes the following CNM functions: Membership, database, marketing, communications, events, and fundraising. The Coordinator will help promote CNM’s relationship building efforts through administrative support of all functions.
The position reports to the Chief Partnership and Development Officer of CNM. This is a non-exempt position and hourly wage will be $18.50/hour.
The daily work of the Coordinator is to:
Support data tracking and reporting efforts for CNM:
- Support organization of cross-departmental dashboard inputs to aid in CNM impact reporting
- In addition to data management, abide by core design principles to organize data in preparation for internal and external use
Support administrative tasks to build capacity in fundraising:
- Coordinate tasks related to development operations: Track gifts in database, write and send acknowledgement letters for contributions, organize ‘thank you’ card process, and help coordinate other development-related customer service to funders, as needed
- Facilitate coordination of mid- and year-end reports for funders
- Support CPDO in grant making process
Provide membership customer service and administrative support to the Partnership Advancement and Development Department:
- Triage and respond to incoming membership support needs; respond when possible, and/or partner with Sr. Manager of Membership to address requests
- Maintain job board postings: assist members with edits/removals, approve posting requests, and act as main point of contact for questions about function/use of job board
- Support Senior Manager of Membership & Database with administration of database, including membership account assistance & data clean-up, etc.
- Support administrative duties as part of CNM events, as managed by the PAD team
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field or equivalent years’ experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in nonprofit organizations
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector, preferably experience with Nashville nonprofits
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of appropriate database Applications as required by the position
- Knowledge of and skill in the operation and support of office equipment
- Knowledge of the various social media platforms
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Highly organized with ability to maintain a consistent, detail-oriented approach to projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to interact with CNM nonprofit members, facilitators, and consultants as well as work with organizational leadership and co-workers
- Experience drafting and editing strong written communications and presentations
- Strong sense for general aesthetics and visual presentation to aid in the creation of public-facing communications
- Ability to navigate and engage comfortably with various levels of leadership
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Ability to take initiative
- Demonstrates professional self-awareness
- Business acumen in administration roles
- Adept in process management with a problem-solving mindset
- Customer focused in meeting the needs of our internal and external stakeholders with positive energy
- Technical learning and proficiency
Planning and organizing in relation to department needs
CNM offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, disability insurance and retirement planning options.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, April 30, 2021.
- Date Posted: March 31, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: $18.50/hour
- Working Hours: 8:00AM – 4:30PM, Mon-Fri