Part-Time Residential Coach
Rest Stop Ministries
Rest Stop Ministries, located in Lebanon, Tennessee is a long-term residential program serving adult female survivors of sex trafficking. Our mission is to comprehensively restore survivors and stop the oppression of human trafficking. The Part-Time Residential Coach position is part-time (32-34 hours per week) comprised of 2 overnight shifts during the week and provides direct coaching for the residents. The position will report primarily to the Residential Manager with the Director of Programs providing guidance when needed.
- Two years of professional experience working in a relevant field preferred.
- Experience working with sex trafficking survivors, victim services, domestic violence, addictions, substance abuse, and/or other persons in crisis or vulnerable populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to establish rapport.
- Ability to emotionally regulate in crisis or intense emotional situations.
- Ability to manage the balance of crisis work with self-care practices.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving goals.
- Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as required by law, professional codes of ethics, and in the best interest of survivors.
- Able to provide own transportation; and proof of liability insurance necessary to transport passengers in agency vehicle
- Background check is required.
- Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required.
- Must be willing to embrace and exemplify our core values and statement of faith.
- Ability to attend Tuesday morning staff meeting preferred.
Note: Due to the special sensitivities of our unique population, this position is open to women only. Survivors of trafficking, with a minimum of 2 years post residential treatment, 3 years sobriety, who have received counseling for trauma and are at a stable, healthy place in life are encouraged to apply.
Because we are a relatively young non-profit our current salary scale is limited in scope, yet still evolving, and thus the individual wanting this position must have a heart and a passion for seeing the broken restored. We have a strong team of likeminded individuals all moving towards the common goal of restoration for those in our care. The arrangement of the hours would allow the Residential Coach to hold other gainful employment, if it were desired. The hours are Tuesday night 5pm through Wednesday morning at 9am, and Wednesday night 5pm through Thursday morning at 9am, with attendance at the 9am Tuesday morning staff meeting preferred.
How to Apply
Interested persons should email/send a cover letter and resume to Director of Operations, Randy Woicik, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Date Posted: November 17, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 12/27/2020
- Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
- Working Hours: Tues and Wed Evening/Overnight Shift, 5pm to 9am