Part-time: Executive Assistant
Enterprise Summary: Justice Industries creates job opportunities for people experiencing barriers to employment by creating business that offer employees stability, independence, an upward mobility while providing quality goods and services to the community. Justice Industries is a nonprofit that also creates employment opportunities by operating captive social enterprises including glass recycling, mobile car wash, and mattress recycling businesses.
Overview: Responsible for assisting the Executive Director with daily operational details.
- Monitor the Justice Industries voicemail and email inboxes. Forward information to the appropriate staff contacts to resolve or gather necessary information to promptly address questions or concerns.
- Champion the mission of Justice Industries throughout the community.
- Maintain comprehensive donor records for ongoing donations, tagging donors in Insightly for ease of export for monthly/annual thank you and tax receipt letters.
- Organize and maintain all employee paperwork including but not limited to applications, annual evaluations, etc.
- Help onboard new employees.
- Submit driving records to insurance agent to ensure new hires are covered prior to driving. (if applicable)
- Forward all direct deposit and bank information to Controller for input into QuickBooks.
- Assist in setting up apps, QuickBooks Time and Google Chat, for new hires.
- Maintain calendar for employee evaluations/reviews, key anniversaries, employee birthdays.
- Assist in the scheduling and preparation of monthly Team Meetings including:
- Securing location
- Printing materials
- Ordering food (if necessary)
- Communicating details to the team and Board.
Social Enterprise Related
- Maintain an organized spreadsheet for fleet maintenance, including but not limited to routine service, annual registration, and any other needed repairs.
- Assist in scheduling fleet maintenance by keeping organized, up to date vendor records.
- Field requests for mattress donation/recycling, communicating the process with donors and scheduling pickups.
- Research new grant opportunities.
- Help submit grant information using preapproved written copy and documentation.
- Manage submission timelines and required follow up for approved grants.
Required Skills and Desired Qualities:
- Alignment with the mission of Justice Industries.
- Must be able to work independently.
- The ability to troubleshoot and problem solve successfully.
- Proficient use of MS Word and Excel; including the knowledge to mail merge.
- Knowledge of CRM databases and the ability to import/export database information.
- A collaborative, clear communication style.
This is a part-time position not eligible for benefits.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to Ellen Peterson, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: May 4, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 06/01/2022
- Salary Range: $16-$20 hourly
- Working Hours: 10-12 hours per week