Part-time Education & Event Proctor
Cheekwood is seeking occasional, part-time proctors to assist during education programs, events, and seasonal festivals. Working under the Education and Public Programs department, the education and event proctors must be energetic and enjoy interacting with the public. Proctors must adapt quickly in varied environments and activities, are responsible, detail-oriented, and can follow directions without direct supervision.
The Education & Event Proctor will assist with:
- Early childhood educational programming
- Cheekwood in Bloom
- Summertime at Cheekwood
- Cheekwood Harvest
- Holiday at Cheekwood and Holiday LIGHTS
- Large-scale public events such as Spring Art Hop and El Dia de los Muertos
- Other cultural programming and events
Proctor duties include but are not limited to:
- Event set up and break down of program supplies, materials, equipment, technology, and signage
- Monitoring program activities
- Reporting program attendance
- Communicating with visitors of all ages, staff, volunteers, vendors, musicians, artists, and instructors
- Representing Cheekwood through professionalism and hospitality
The ideal candidate must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent; experience working in early childhood education, working events in a public-facing organization; excellent customer service, communication and management skills; availability to work weekend and evening hours; the ability to respond to emergency situations calmly and follow protocols; able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds; work in noisy environments; walk and stand for extended periods of time and able to work in various weather conditions, as many festival activities are outdoors. Experience working at a museum, botanical garden, cultural organization, or non-profit with interest in art, horticulture, music, history, or wellness is preferred.
Complementary Cheekwood Membership, Gift Shop and Cafe 29 discounts.
How to Apply
Please send your letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. Your letter of interest should include your preference for working in early childhood educational programming and/or public events.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
- Date Posted: February 4, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 03/01/2020
- Working Hours: Varies with weekends & evenings