The Next Door
Part-time Client Assistant
The Next Door
The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
CAT (Client Assistant Team), in conjunction with the assigned nurses, are responsible for providing client supervision in a structured and supportive residential environment. The schedule for this part-time position is Friday-Sunday 4-10pm.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Assist nurse with assigned client’s vital signs and medication pass.
- Communicate with your assigned medical staff the medical needs of clients and assist them is accessing care.
- Monitor, educate, and assist assigned clients in performance of activities of daily living in accordance with goals and problem area identified on individualized treatment plan.
- Assist with new client’s floor orientation. Introduce to “buddy”.
- Assists assigned clients with self-care and other living skills engaging with support and encouragement.
- Assigned CA will assist Admissions and Treatment Team with new Intakes by assisting with searches, vital signs, and urine drug screens.
- If warranted, document assigned clients activities and client interaction in EHR.
- Provide shift reports via email/report to TND staff at the end of each shift. Specifically, any therapeutic interactions had with clients on that shift.
- Prepare assigned rooms when clients transition; Includes removing remaining belongings, sweeping/mopping, changing linens, room name placard, etc.
- Perform urine drug screens/breathalyzer as assigned and on suspicion. Follow agency protocol for a presumptive positive screen.
- Based on staff rotation, assists at the front desk as needed; direct incoming calls to appropriate staff and interacting with guests, visitors, family members and outside providers.
- Engage assigned clients in fun recovery activities when appropriate to aid in emotion regulation, behavior modification and re-direction as needed.
- Report facility maintenance concerns.
- Completes assigned room checks, safety checks and client supervision checks throughout shift as needed.
- Carry out responsibilities pertaining to the operation of the facility, including all events, activities, utilizing safety management, emergency procedures and non-violent crisis intervention.
- Transport assigned clients to and from appointments, groups, and other activities as requested by supervisor.
- Maintain order in storage closet as needed.
- Employs de-escalation techniques mediating potential crisis between clients when necessary.
- Utilizes local crisis response plan in case of psychiatric emergency (i.e. suicidal/homicidal ideation or threats) with the direction of supervisor.
- Utilize effective communication when contacting On-Call staff to report pertinent information after hours.
- Attend meetings and trainings in-house, electronic, Webinar, etc as directed by supervisor.
- Follow agency protocol about contraband and items not allowed in client possession.
- Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in areas related to the focus of the residential program ie; addiction, mental health
- Perform light clerical duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate degree or some college preferred
- Minimum experience working with target population preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare setting preferred
- Knowledge of substance abuse/addiction issues or related work experience preferred
- Possess proficient computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain professional therapeutic boundaries
- 25 years of age or older with a valid driver’s License or F endorsement
- 21 -24 years of age (will not be permitted to transport clients)
- CPR Certified or willingness to obtain certification as offered by TND
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat patients and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, client, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
Option to participate in 401K with partial matching.
How to Apply
Visit our website at www.thenextdoor.org to apply.
- Date Posted: April 20, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: Fri-Sun 4-10pm