Part-time Book Programs Assistant
Assist with the Books for Nashville’s Kids book acquisition and distribution program and help with other needs and priorities. Work about 20 hours per week August/September through December 2020 with possibility of extension.
- Process in book donations and purchases for Books for Nashville’s Kids (BFNK)
- Fulfill book requests for BFNK and notify clients via email to schedule their book pick-ups
- Handle book pick-ups and book drop offs for BFNK
- Recruit, train, coordinate and supervise volunteers helping with BFNK
- Manage and organize book inventory in warehouse, office and book room for efficient use of space and productive processing of books and book requests for BFNK
- Update and complete forms and Excel spreadsheets and write reports for BFNK
- Represent Book’em in a professional manner
- Assist with other duties as needed and assigned
- Project planning, time management, volunteer or people management and organizational skills.
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and proactively without daily instruction, as well as ability to work well with a team.
- Must be comfortable working with a diverse population of volunteers, educators, business leaders and individuals.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance are required. Use of personal vehicle will be required at times.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college student, college degree and/or more.
- One year of work experience in any field is desired.
- Volunteer experience (any type) is desired.
- Above moderate / frequent physical activity.
- Manual dexterity to reach/handle items, work with fingers and perceive attributes of objects and materials.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Employee is required to stand, walk, sit, climb and balance.
- Final candidate must pass a thorough background check.
- Book’em is taking precautions to keep employees and volunteers safe while COVID-19 is a health threat. Employees must adhere to our safety protocols.
Book’em does not provide any medical/health benefits.
Part-time employees are eligible for paid time off.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Melissa Spradlin at Melissa@bookem-kids.org.
Cover letter should address
- why you are interested in this position
- how you are qualified
- that these conditions work for you: the position requires a great deal of manual/physical labor; remote work is not an option; and the pay is $11/hour for 20 hours/week from August/September through December 2020 with the possibility of an extension into 2021. This may be a temporary position to get us through the pandemic or it may become a permanent one.
- Date Posted: July 24, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 11.00/hour
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; M-F, 9:00am-5:00pm