St. Paul Christian Academy
St. Paul Christian Academy
St. Paul Christian Academy in Nashville seeks an innovative and collaborative Physical Education teacher. The PE teacher will teach daily classes to junior kindergarten through sixth-grade students. The Physical Education/ Health teacher is responsible for organizing innovative games and challenges that promote physical activity and lifelong fitness among students in all grade levels. There will be two PE teachers on staff who share the responsibility of teaching the entire student body. St. Paul prides itself in forming a warm, nurturing environment with high caliber academic excellence. St. Paul sends students to high-performing next-level schools. A bachelor’s degree is required and teaching experience in elementary or middle school is preferred.
- Coaching positions available after school
- Plan, modify and execute daily lessons.
- Effectively manage the classroom and build relationships with students with an emphasis on understanding the whole child.
- Collaborate with co-curricular and homeroom team on all student-related matters.
- Manage communication with parents.
- Collaborate with the Division Head on an annual individualized professional growth plan; attend weekly faculty meetings.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the Faculty Characteristics of Professional Excellence, listed below.
A teacher at our school:
- Demonstrates the qualities of a professional educator. (Academic Excellence)
- Projects a positive, Christ-like attitude and models a thoughtful, balanced, Biblically-focused lifestyle. (Passion for Christ)
- Seeks to build meaningful, long-lasting relationships. (Leadership Development)
- Partners with parents to promote student success.
- Facilitates proactive and constructive communication with students, parents, faculty, and administration.
- Demonstrates active support for colleagues and intentionally collaborates and contributes to one’s team.
- Maintains individualized and high expectations for all students.
- Utilizes a variety of assessment techniques to measure and monitor student learning and the effectiveness of our teaching methods.
- Provides mission-consistent discipline for all students.
- Exhibits a growth mindset.
- Integrates technology as an instructional and productivity tool.
- Embraces ownership of our school through active contribution to school growth and improvement and support of the school community.
St. Paul offers comprehensive benefits to its employees. For more information about the school, please click here.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a statement of faith to Kim Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: March 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/01/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.