The Journey Home, Inc.
Outreach Center Director
The Journey Home, Inc.
The Journey Home is seeking an Outreach Center Director interested in helping our organization expand its ministry to our homeless and disadvantaged neighbors in Rutherford County, Tennessee. Founded in 2006, we’ve provided resources for basic needs, housing, life skills, faith building and coordination of care for thousands of struggling individuals and families to bring hope and encouragement on their journey to wholeness, economic stability and reintegration into community life.
We are a faith-based organization looking for a person who is passionate about serving God through their work and relationships, has a broad range of leadership qualities, and a heart of compassion and service for individuals and families who are struggling with complex issues.
Change happens through people and our relationships with one another. Our programs meet those in need where they are with stabilizing services and provide opportunities for transition into mainstream community life with safe, affordable housing, employment and income, and supportive services that assist in overcoming obstacles and lay foundations for greater self-determination. We are a leader in the efforts to address these issues in Rutherford County. Our new Outreach Center Director will build on our established efforts, offer new and improved ways to engage our clientele and create new opportunities for the entire community to participate.
The Outreach Center Director (OD) provides operational leadership to The Journey Home’s outreach center facility and its stabilization programs. The OD reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the senior leadership team. The OD will be responsible for planning, budgeting, administrative and operational aspects of the outreach center programs including policy and program design, implementation and evaluation, grant management, vendor relationships, applicant evaluation and selection, maintenance and upkeep of the facilities, and other duties, as required.
The Outreach Center Director will directly or through support staff:
- Develop a strong working knowledge of best practices related to homeless outreach and client stabilization strategies and apply them to program offerings
- Develop relationships with state and local government leaders as well as leaders of local health, mental health, employment, education, faith and social service organizations related to issues of homelessness, poverty, recovery, justice-engaged and veteran programs
- Design, implement and evaluate new and existing programs, policies and procedures in order to improve client outcomes and execute organizational strategies and mission, as required
- Provide day-to-day management of the outreach center office, Community Café, Clothes Closet, Hygiene Programs, case management and other programs offered
- Develop and manage budget for outreach center operations
- Execute and/or coordinate the administration, maintenance, repair and security of outreach center
- Provide opportunities for volunteer participation collaboratively with Development Director
- Oversee operations and foodservice health/safety for the Community Café program
- Coordinate on-site mental health and medical services with healthcare partners
- Survey the community we serve annually to assess needs and priorities for programs
- Supervise, train and evaluate support staff and interns
- Ensure that program applicants/participants keep registration information and documentation up-to-date, receive intake information and assessments, and that HMIS data and documentation standards are followed
- Assist staff in planning and action plan development for engaged clients and coordinate direct and referral services, as needed
- Assist staff in screening potential participants for program eligibility and applicability, as needed
- Oversee post-assistance follow-up with clients, document outcomes, survey and evaluate client satisfaction
- Participate actively in H3ARC working group(s) and community initiatives, as applicable
- Advocate for participant needs in the local community
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in social sciences, business or related field and one or more years of management experience (experience with non-profit organizations a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to develop programs and execute plans to achieve goals
- Outgoing demeanor and strong leadership qualities to engage and motivate people
- Passion for the mission and commitment to the guiding principles and values of the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of homelessness and response strategies
- Persuasive written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills: planning, program design, team building, project management
- Maturity and self-confidence necessary for a position of senior leadership
- An affinity for collaboration but the ability to take initiative and work independently as well
- Determination and persistence while having fun and bringing positive energy to the organization
- Solid computer/technology skills
- Established relationships with organizations and networks in our local community beneficial
Full-time Salaried Employment
QSEHRA Health Reimbursement
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to sfoster@LoveGodServePeople.org. In your letter, please indicate why you feel this opportunity is a good one for you and how your experiences may uniquely qualify you for the position. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will be open until it is filled. EOE.
- Date Posted: June 16, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Negotiable DOE
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, occasional weekend, daytime