Greater Nashville Regional Council
Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator – Aging & Disability Programs
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking a full-time professional to coordinate outreach and advocacy in support of efforts to sustain or improve quality of life for older Tennesseans. As the designated Area Agency on Aging and Disability for Middle Tennessee, GNRC coordinates a variety of resources for senior citizens and their caregivers across a 13-county region. The Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator will empower GNRC’s Department of Aging and Disability Services by 1) increasing levels of awareness among those in need of assistance, and 2) educating policymakers and the general public about the importance of addressing issues and challenges associated with an aging population.
GNRC is the regional council of governments for Nashville and surrounding counties and serves as one of nine regional economic development districts established by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1965. GNRC also serves as the region’s state/federally-designated Area Agency on Aging & Disability (AAAD), working in close partnership with the TN Commission on Aging and Disability (TCAD) and TennCare. More information is available at GNRC.org and TN.gov/Aging.
Specifically, the Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator will be expected to:
- Represent the organization and the Aging team by attending networking events, participating in workshops or conferences, and giving presentations to the general public or key stakeholder groups;
- Stay abreast of current events and policy initiatives which have the potential to impact older adults or Aging programs and services;
- Build and strengthen partnerships with agencies and organizations engaged in advocating, counseling, or caring for older adults;
- Conduct research to find best practices for marketing, education, advocacy, and coalition building to help address emerging issues and challenges related to an aging population;
- Develop and implement a marketing and outreach plan that includes strategies to increase overall levels of awareness and to target hard-to-reach or vulnerable populations;
- Assist with the development of collateral marketing material and content for use in print publications, social and digital media, and public presentations;
- Assist with media relations to include scheduling and drafting of press releases and responding to media inquiries and interview requests; and
- Assist with other related activities including, but not limited to, event planning, social media management, photography, copy editing, and graphic design.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or similar field AND experience working within a social services or public heath setting. The preferred candidate will be a critical thinker with a dynamic and engaging personality, strong oral and written communication skills, a demonstrated ability to build partnerships, and a track record of delivering measurable results. Computer skills are a must including proficiency in Adobe and Microsoft Office products.
Travel Expectations: This position may require travel throughout GNRC’s thirteen county region. A valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation is required.
Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
If interested please apply at: www.gnrc.org/jobs
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: February 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Government