Westminster Home Connection
Westminster Home Connection
The Operations Manager is a key leader of the agency. This position monitors and communicates the status of agency goals to staff, board members and supporters. The Operations Manager also handles client communications, process improvement, and other duties in the day-to-day operations of our office. Our staff is composed of six construction workers, the Executive Director, Operations Manager, a contract case manager, and a volunteer Treasurer/grant writer. The Operations Manager’s duties are wide-reaching, from answering the phone and client intake to building relationships and problem-solving with community leaders. The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director. The Executive Director, Operations Manager and Treasurer handle all non-construction duties, working closely as a team, coordinating workloads, and supporting each other.
Why work for Westminster Home Connection? We repair and modify homes to empower older adults and persons with disabilities to age in place safely. In our rewarding work atmosphere, we work together to improve our community. We are a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization. More about the impact of our work can be found here: Stories — Westminster Home Connection.
We support ongoing career development. Training is available in the areas of leadership, case management, information technology, maintaining databases, grant reporting, accounting, and construction.
Most work is done on site in our office at 3900 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37205. There are occasional opportunities to work from home.
This job description is not all‐inclusive and is subject to modification. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
All employees are required to complete a background screening. Additional screenings and training may be required upon request.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor agency goals,
- Client intake,
- Coordinate client cases with referral agencies and our construction staff,
- Assist Construction Superintendent in coordination of construction subcontractors (getting bids, scheduling jobs, and approving payments),
- Serve as a community liaison,
- Recruit and retain volunteers
- Write, manage, and maintain compliance within the grant process (working with the Treasurer),
- Manage marketing functions including mailers, social media, and quarterly newsletters,
- Daily administrative functions such as bank deposits, answering the agency phone, mail and emails, and other day-to-day office duties.
- Exceptional organization skills, including the ability to keep data organized and submit projects on-time;
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills;
- Problem solving, process (improvement)
- Able to work independently and exercise independent judgment;
- Sensitive to the needs of older adults and persons with disabilities;
- Desire and ability to work with diverse populations;
- Able to work calmly and efficiently resolve conflicts;
- Able to use general office equipment/hardware, Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and other web-based data sharing systems. Ability to learn new and/or customized software;
- A valid driver’s license.
Salary range is dependent on skills and experience, with an opportunity for advancement. We offer paid vacation and holidays and a 3% matching contribution to a Simple IRA. We provide a supplemental payment for out-of-pocket expenses and for health insurance, and a navigator to select a health plan. All our employees have health insurance.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 10/04/2021
- Salary Range: $50,000 to $55,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F 8:00 am -5:00pm