TennGreen Land Conservancy
Operations & Database Coordinator
TennGreen Land Conservancy
The Operations & Database Coordinator is a multi-faceted position with responsibilities that include general office management, development database gift entry and donor stewardship, and Board of Directors liaison. As a small non-profit organization, we all wear many hats and this position may have other duties as assigned that align with the employee’s strengths.
About TennGreen Land Conservancy: TennGreen Land Conservancy empowers landowners and communities to protect large, connected natural areas that support diversity of life, inspire appreciation of nature, and spark action to protect the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us all. In 2023, we will celebrate our 25th anniversary of having conserved nearly 50,000 acres of Tennessee’s fields, forests, wetlands, and land along rivers and streams.
OUR VALUES: At TennGreen Land Conservancy, we acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We strive to nurture a culture where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative—where there’s a deep sense of belonging and respect across every region, organization, and individual touched by our work. We pledge ourselves to the work of understanding and honoring diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences and endeavor to actively uplift our values of justice and equity in everything we do.
- Manage systems to ensure office is tidy and organized.
- Maintain general office functions, including office supply inventorying and ordering, and ensuring machines are working properly.
- Liaise with various vendors, including property managers, security services, cleaning services, and landscape services.
- Provide technology support and liaise with technology provider as needed.
- Answer and direct incoming calls to staff during business hours.
- Organize and set-up monthly staff meetings.
- In coordination with Executive Director, establish and distribute holiday schedules.
Development Database / Donor Stewardship:
- Maintain donor database, ensuring accurate input and complete records. Host trainings for staff as necessary.
- Accurately process donations into Raiser’s Edge development software.
- Send accurate and personalized Thank You letters as appropriate within a 72-hour window of receiving gifts.
- Ensure the timely e-filing of important donor records, including grant agreements, tax acknowledgement letters, and other important correspondence.
- Communicate with the communications department regarding VIPs, new donors, and sponsorship prospects to engage with via online tools.
- Occasionally, conduct prospect research and create prospect lists of potential donors.
- Maintain inventory of mailing supplies and other marketing materials as needed by the Development Officers and other staff.
- Assist with events, mailings, budget creation, and member programs.
- Oversee board and committee meeting calendars.
- Execute all logistics for board meetings. Manage bookings of locations and organize refreshments. Assist Board members with travel accommodations if necessary.
- Manage RSVPs for Board meetings.
- Record minutes during meetings and distribute to board post-meeting.
- Maintain and distribute board related documents, e.g., bylaws, roster, minutes, etc..
- Create presentations for Board meetings; ensure technology is functional prior to meeting.
- Work with communications team to create, organize, and update an online Board of Directors portal on www.tenngreen.org.
- Assist Associate Director & Executive Director with annual Board Retreats.
- Assist Associate Director & Executive Director with Strategic Planning Retreat and other meetings.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Two years office or administrative experience, non-profit experience a bonus
- Strong technology skills, and experience with fundraising databases a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of technology
- Ability to prioritize tasks, utilize good judgment and decision-making skills
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Work effectively under frequent deadlines
- Handle multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision
ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Strong attention to detail
- High degree of organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and ethical gathering of information and processing of all sensitive donor information
- Intrinsic commitment to a culture of customer service
- Curious, inquisitive, and positive attitude
- Fun, flexible, and able to go with the flow
Salary & Benefits: The Operations & Database Coordinator is a full-time salaried position, with occasional evening and weekend work. Starting salary is $40,000 – $42,000 based on experience, with opportunities for annual performance-based salary increases. Benefits package includes optional health/dental/vision insurance and a retirement savings plan (with matching contributions after two years).
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 15, 2022.
- Date Posted: May 10, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 07/04/2022
- Salary Range: 40,000-42,000
- Working Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm