YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the VP of Operational Strategy, the Operations Administrator will ensure alignment with strategic priorities while assisting and supporting various teams looking to improve efficiency, solve challenging problems, and manage project processes and timelines. The VP of Operational Strategy will rely on the Operations Administrator to maintain standards and address details that could otherwise slip through the cracks. S/he will provide administrative and logistical support, including meetings/schedules arrangement, documentation, progress/deadline tracking, and keeping teams focused on tasks, allowing the various project leaders to function at a more strategic level.
- Supports the YMCA mission and models the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Models and puts into practice behavior that supports inclusion and diversity.
- Supports the Association’s strategic plan and ensures the accomplishment of organizational goals and objectives; ensures outstanding customer/member service and compliance with Association standards, policies and procedures in conjunction with local, state, federal laws.
- Serves as the liaison between Operational Strategy Teams (OST) and Steering Committee (SC).
- Attends all OST and SC meetings and ensures each meeting has an agenda and minutes; collects, organizes and uploads agendas and minutes; ensures OST and Steering Committee calendars, minutes and agendas are up to date and complete.
- Supports training OST leaders.
- On-boards staff to project management process
- Ensures processes and projects/charts of work (COWs) are in alignment with strategic priorities.
- Develops tracking system for status – and progress on – agenda items, COWs, projects and deliverables.
- Develops and provides reports and reporting calendars for each project.
- Supports, monitors and manages organizational and strategic projects as needed
- Holds regular calls with OST leaders to ensure all significant changes are documented and shared Association-wide (via communication hub).
- Develops and updates and maintains all reporting (OSTs to SC, SC to OSTs, SC to Senior Team, etc.).
- Reports to/updates each Service Area Leader, the SC and other stakeholders as needed; supports reporting to Senior Team on Steering Committee activities.
- Updates and maintains all forms used by OSTs and Steering Committee; creates and modifies process forms as needed.
- Ensures information on communication hub is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Works with and communicates with leadership for effective organizational problem solving.
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
- An enthusiastic personality and positive attitude with the ability to develop relationships and influence, inspire and motivate staff, volunteers and members to support a culture of service within our Centers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must have strong listening skills and attention to detail
- Must possess excellent time management skills, be highly organized, with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks and multiple deadlines
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to effectively work both independently and in project teams
- Proficiency with general office software applications and equipment is required; proficiency in project management software technology is required
- Ability to prepare and present training programs and materials
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience in related field
- Minimum two years’ administrative experience
- Multi-lingual a plus
- Before start of 1st shift: New Hire Orientation training
- Within 30 days of hire: project management software training
For more info on working at the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, click HERE!
How to Apply
- Date Posted: January 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Starting at $19.33 - $23.20 per hour, depending on experience
- Working Hours: M-F, typically 8am-5pm