Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society
The Office Manager/Receptionist oversees front desk operations and serves as the first point of contact for potential clients and visitors to the LAS office. The Office Manager/Receptionist is the general office trouble-shooter, coordinates volunteers for the office, and secretarial support, as needed.
This position is funded in part by, and in collaboration with, one or more grants. Personnel must adhere to goals and outcomes detailed in the grant contract. This position is funded for the duration of the grant and subsequent renewal may result in modification of job duties and responsibilities.
- Order supplies and maintain inventory.
- Coordinate equipment and building maintenance calls.
- Coordinate services with office staff and, if appropriate, other offices.
- Maintain community education materials.
- Troubleshoot facility and office operations issues.
- Coordinate local office onboarding of new staff, in conjunction with Managing Attorney.
- Coordinate all volunteers in the office, including orientation, trouble shooting, and some supervision, in conjunction with the Managing Attorney
- Assist in planning outreach events and in-office trainings.
- Respond to mail and email requests for legal assistance.
- Handle high-volume of telephone calls and walk-ins.
- Ensure public is treated with courtesy and respect.
- Oversee front desk operations, including Spanish Voicemail procedures, intake procedures and front desk back-up schedules.
- Gather information and screen calls for possible case openings.
- Data entry of client information.
- Make referrals to other agencies on matters that we are not able to help with.
- Maintain community education brochures in lobby and in storage room.
- Provide general clerical support; legal typing, copying, filing, etc.
- Distribute community education materials.
- Provide backup support for legal units including, but not limited to, transcription, drafting letters, simple motions and orders, complaints, following up with clients, setting appointments, organizing files, etc.
- Participate on internal committees, practice groups, and other efforts to promote and improve Legal Aid Society’s operation.
- Learn responsibilities and be prepared to cover other positions as needed.
- Comply with program policies and regulations of the Legal Services Corporation and other funders.
- Comply with all applicable organizational, professional, and legal requirements for confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director, Managing Attorney, or supervisor.
Other duties as needed in the office and as requested by Executive Director or Managing Attorney.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in an office setting.
- Previous employment or volunteer work with a law office, court, social service agency, or other related setting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Salary DOE. Comprehensive Benefits Package.
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) in PDF format to our Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: re: Office Manager/Receptionist position.
- Date Posted: July 27, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other