Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference in the Greater Nashville area? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for an Office Manager at our Knowles Center. We are looking for someone who can help support the day-to-day operations including administrative, financial and program tasks. Versatility and flexibility are key. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to quickly learn our mission, being able to flex between working independently and within a team, and most importantly, a passion for service to older adults.
In this role, you will report to the Center Director. As first point of contact for our customers, visitors, and members, you will be instrumental in ensuring excellent customer service and maintaining a warm and inviting culture.
- Serves as first contact for most customers, in person and on the phone, greeting visitors and members to the center and directing them to the appropriate person/place, providing requested information to callers and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Manages office including but not limited to: office equipment maintenance, office supplies, organization of office, mail distribution, bill payment process, current member directory, current class notebooks, key lockbox, and files according to the file retention policy. Notifies all staff of location of supplies and changes in procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all member records, financial information, and personal information.
- Maintains files and records for accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bank deposits. Serves as primary intake person for program fees, class fees and membership fees (directing members to Membership Works whenever possible), donations, rentals, etc.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all Knowles programs and other FiftyForward programs.
- Creates flyers, sign-up sheets, calendars, and mailings at direction of Director; maintains awareness of social media postings.
- Maintains accurate electronic sign-up rosters for Knowles activities.
- Orders and processes invoices/payments for program and kitchen supplies at the direction of Director.
- Takes reservations and maintains the reservation calendar for meeting rooms including all first-floor meeting space; is the primary staff for assigning rooms and adjusting when needed.
- Handles all membership logistics for new and renewing members. Manages data entry in MySeniorCenter and Membership Works ensuring data is entered correctly and reflects current active members. Works closely with the Membership Services Specialist on updating expiring/expired memberships, membership cancellations and payment changes. Produces statistical reports as needed.
- Keeps lobby tidy and uncluttered. Follows opening procedures each day.
- Maintains, determines and stocks posted literature, calendars, and bulletin board items.
- Serves as the primary enrollment person for Silver Sneakers, Silver Fit and other third party payer programs through Trivity, Ashlink and other weblink platforms.
- Assists in set-up of rooms for classes, events, programs, activities and other scheduled events including cleaning before and after the event/activity.
- Assists Director and other staff in building maintenance as needed, staying informed of contracts and preferred service providers, and ordering supplies when needed.
- Works collaboratively with staff to continually evaluate, implement, and improve the systems, programs, and functions of all aspects of the center.
- Attends all meetings required by Director or FiftyForward.
- Oversees the operation of the Center in the absence of other center staff.
- Manages monthly invoicing of FiftyForward Fresh and FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services private pay customers, interacting with customers as necessary to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Completes daily attendance and other reports in Penelope for FiftyForward Fresh and FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services.
- Assists as needed in Knowles Center, FiftyForward Fresh and FiftyForward Friends Adult Day Services programming to maintain continuity of service to older adults.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective and professional communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Membership Works and MySeniorCenter is a plus.
- Comfort working with Zoom and provide audio-visual support.
- Excellent detail and problem-solving skills.
- Open to constructive feedback, and creative dialogue with FiftyForward Management Team.
- Demonstrated skills in organization, administrative expertise, and excellent customer service.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, members, volunteers, vendors, and guests.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency. Associates degree or two years of college courses in Office Administration or related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with active older adults and volunteers; Non-Profit experience preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience using desktop and/or laptop computer, various databases, multi-user copier/scanner, and multi-line telecommunications system.
- Must be First-Aid/CPR and ServSafe-certified or able to obtain certification.
- A valid TN driver’s license including a good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older.
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care, Life, AD&D, and FSA
- Paid time off (vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid holidays – plus the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Complimentary membership to all FiftyForward centers
- Community involvement
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: March 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm