AFRICA UNIVERSITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICE
The Africa University Development Office is seeking an Office Coordinator and invites inquiries and applications for the position. The Africa University Development Office (AUDO) was established September 1, 1992. It is housed in Nashville, TN and is affiliated with The United Methodist Church. One of the primary goals of AUDO is to raise, maintain, invest, and distribute with accountability, the resources for Africa University.
Located in Zimbabwe, the development of Africa University is a consequence of the growth of United Methodism in Africa. The mission of Africa University is to provide quality education within a Pan-African context through which persons can acquire general and professional knowledge and skills, grow in spiritual maturity, develop sound moral values, ethics and leadership qualities.
The Development Office seeks an experienced administrative professional with a proven record of overseeing and coordinating an office environment. The preferred candidate must demonstrate superior administrative skills and must be able to collaborate effectively with key constituents of The United Methodist Church and Africa University. This role is required to be in the office Monday through Friday, during core working hours.
- Performs all general administrative tasks, including answering phones, maintaining inventory of supplies/resources, ordering supplies, filing correspondence, drafting meeting minutes, managing incoming and outgoing mail, and maintaining the office calendar.
- Records donor gifts in the online software, including inputting daily totals, and process acknowledgement letters. Also responsible for following up on donations with “thank you” calls.
- Ensures online gifts are accurately settled from Virtual Terminal and PayPal.
- Generate reports of Scholarships (Endowed and Direct).
- Creates PowerPoint Presentations, charts, and other graphics for reports.
- Records transmittal form contributions for the Endowment Fund into the database on a monthly basis. Ensures gifts are acknowledged and receipted, accordingly. Assists with the Endowment Campaign by gathering information, as needed.
- Distributes newsletters and ensures the mailing list is kept current.
- High School Diploma is required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Three to Five years’ general office administration experience required, experience in a development office environment strongly preferred.
- Proven experience with institutional advancement software required, experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT development software strongly preferred.
- Proven experience of strong office administration skills, including advanced computer skills with spreadsheets.
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Share Point.
- Strong organizational skills, punctuality and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Functional knowledge of the United Methodist Church.
Medical, Dental and Vision Plans available.
How to Apply
Go to link below to apply:
Closing Date: February 10, 2023
Africa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms
- Date Posted: January 11, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education