The Nashville Food Project
The Nashville Food Project
The Nashville Food Project Mission Statement
Bringing people together to grow, cook and share nourishing food, with the goals of cultivating community and alleviating hunger in our city.
Office Administrator Position Summary
The Office Administrator is a person who thrives in keeping order of a lot of moving parts, and puts organization at the top of their priority list, can think outside the box to troubleshoot problems, likes to learn on the fly, has a welcoming personality, is a team player, and calls numbers and spreadsheets their friend.
This is a full-time, non exempt, hourly position between 35-40 hours per week that reports to Executive Leadership. This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Provides support to executive leadership by scheduling meetings, drafting correspondence, and receiving visitors.
● Works with executive leadership to prepare all meeting materials, mailings and meeting minutes.
● Works with executive leadership to create and maintain a master calendar of all organizational activities.
● Serves as first point of contact for all visitors to TNFP headquarters by managing staffing of the Welcome Desk at the TNFP Headquarters.
● Responds to and organizes incoming telephone calls, voicemail, mail and general organizational email.
● Maintains office efficiencies by creating, implementing, and refining office systems, standards and procedures.
● Maintains ongoing inventory of office and building supplies
● Provides oversight and maintenance of the headquarter’s cleanliness including coordination of room set up for onsite events, and upkeep of a welcoming space in the community dining room, and conference room areas.
● Manages all technology, printing, and office equipment needs and issues.
● Supports volunteer and fundraising functions by handling database entry.
Operations and Finance Support
● Supports COO and bookkeeper with expense reporting and record keeping.
● Works with COO and bookkeeper on annual worker’s comp audit.
● Provides administrative support for accounting functions such as preparing invoices, receipts, donations, credit card reconciliations, etc.
● Supports with IT contracts, equipment and systems including but not limited to: computer replacement policies, technology systems, and technical support.
● Supports operations with scheduling of facilities maintenance.
● Supports operations with job postings, and database maintenance of applicants.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
● Comfort with technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive and general IT troubleshooting
● A strong working knowledge of expense reporting and working with financials
● Experience in an administrative support role
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Well organized, with strong attention to detail, record keeping and time management skills
● Strong initiative for creating, improving and maintaining office systems
● Cooperative work ethic and a positive attitude; hard-working, conscientious, communicative and responsible
● Strong communication skills
● Respect for diversity
● Ability to create a welcoming environment
● Customer service knowledge
Starting rate of pay for this position is $17/hour. The Nashville Food Project also offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees including:
● 75% Employer paid health insurance, and voluntary dental and vision insurance options
● Employer paid term-life and AD&D insurance, and long-term disability insurance coverage
● Employee Assistance Program
● Cell phone stipend
● Nine paid holidays plus two floating holidays
● Paid Time Off (PTO) program
● Parental leave
How to Apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover later by Friday, July 16th.
- Date Posted: June 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: $17/hr