Nutrition Program Manager
Nashville CARES is seeking an innovative individual who is passionate about food security and serving people living with HIV to fill the role of Nutrition Program Manager. The Nutrition Program Manager oversees all nutrition services, from ensuring adequate inventory of food, working with community partners, to coordinating delivery of nutrition services directly to clients.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a forward-thinking, creative, and personable individual. This candidate will have the opportunity and responsibility to grow and adapt the program to best serve client needs. This position interacts directly with clients, staff, and vendors on a regular basis, so someone who enjoys working closely with others on a daily basis would be a good fit. The candidate should be able to evaluate data and client feedback to assist in making decisions regarding program direction and growth.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements new, innovative, and diverse methods for meeting the nutritional needs of clients.
- Collaborates with agency staff to ensure clients are receiving all needed nutrition services
- Ensures direct delivery of nutrition services to clients through coordination of access to nutritional services by clients and staff
- Conducts periodic reviews of agency nutrition programs to ensure client needs are met, including conducting surveys of service recipients to evaluate their current needs and desires.
- Maintains inventory for fulfillment of nutritional services through placing orders with vendors, including receiving and processing orders
- Completes inventory tracking of food and provides inventory reports to agency departments
- Ensures agency documentation for individuals receiving nutritional services is complete according to agency procedure and policy
- Completes internal and external monthly and quarterly reports for funders and agency purposes
- Participates in maintaining and updating nutrition program policy and procedures to deliver effective services while adhering to grant/funder requirements
- Participates as agency representative in community meetings and initiatives that focus on food security and community food resources
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Team Building skills to encourage team development in areas of collaboration, communication, problem-solving, and focusing on goals
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong Communications Skills: verbal, written and listening
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business with frequent travel in the local communities
- Two years’ experience in social service program development or equivalent experience
- Experience managing inventory
- Experience with HIV, treatment adherence, employment programs, health benefits, housing, social services and resources
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and community resources
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
Nashville CARES is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, and clients. We respect equity and inclusivity for all people and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We respect, value, and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person unique. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our communities.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 27, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk