Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
SPECIAL KIDS IS A CHRISTIAN THERAPY AND NURSING CENTER FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
We’re based in Murfreesboro, TN; Christ-focused; and ready to serve each family that comes through our doors. We’re professionals who are trained and licensed; but first, we’re Christ-followers with a God-sized mission that is only met through Him. Special Kids offers professional services to children ages birth through 21 years. Our treatment range encompasses children who need a little extra help, to children who are medically fragile, and to all sorts of diagnoses in between. Nurses at Special Kids have opportunities for team collaboration as well as collaboration with other disciplines, including occupational therapy, physical therapy, recreational therapy, and nursing. A minimum of 3 years of experience is preferred. Leads the Skilled Nursing department in providing care for the medical needs of, and assisting with activities of daily living for, children enrolled in the Equip and Skilled Nursing programs by performing the following duties. Full-time, benefits, paid time off, and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains an updated MAR record to ensure correct meds and feeds for all Skilled Nursing patients.
- Coordinates patient assignments for Skilled Nursing department.
- Creates work schedules and assignments for Skilled Nursing department based on facility needs.
- Requests and completes all necessary orders from the patient’s Physician such as initial service orders, med orders, recertifications, and other medical documentation and physician orders.
- Coordinates with the Billing department for insurance authorization.
- Provides daily head to toe assessment of assigned patients including vital signs, heart, lung, and bowel sounds.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments such as catheterizations, nebulizer treatments, chest physiotherapy, and tube feedings in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patients by assisting with duties such as diaper changes, toileting, and positioning.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or the patient’s Physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients in electronic medical record system.
- Responds to and leads team during medical emergency situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Provides patient and family education.
- Makes, beds, bathes, and feeds patients.
- Completes intakes for new Skilled Nursing patients.
- Completes initial assessments for new patients enrolled in the Skilled Nursing program.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
Directly supervises employees in the PPSN Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Nursing; 3-5 years related experience; leadership experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software and web-based applications such as electronic medical records.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
State RN License required; CPR certification required
- Servant’s heart.
- Passion to serve the children and families.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Team-minded and focused.
- Joyful in spirit.
- Respectful of authority.
- Solves problems creatively.
Full-time, benefits, paid time off and holidays.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/69678fde-bdd8-4e9d-ae98-f6105a0e1f68/Special-Kids-Inc.
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth